Business Intelligence Co-op/Intern
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Corporate Services
Employer : Nokia
Business Intelligence Co-op/Intern
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud.
At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
Cloud and Network Services
As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
The team you will be a part of
This opportunity will support the Chief of Staff Business Intelligence team design, develop and implement creative and meaningful reporting solutions across the business units and central functions.
Position: Business Intelligence Co-op/Intern
Duration: 4 Months
Date: January 8th to April 26th, 2024
Location: Hybrid in Ottawa, Canada
What you will learn and contribute to
We are looking for a Master's candidate to work in the Chief of Staff Business Intelligence team to develop new and insightful analytics to drive business discussions and decisions.
As part of the team, you will:
- Perform exploratory data analysis to uncover trends, patterns, and insights
- Participate in code reviews and incorporate feedback to improve code quality
- Develop and implement data solutions to communicate findings effectively
- Develop solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy
- Works mostly independently. Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions
Your skills and experience
Active candidate for master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science or related field with an accredited school in Canada.
You have :
- Solid understanding of Java programming language and object-oriented design principles is a plus
- Proficiency in programming languages such as R or Python
- Strong foundation in machine learning concepts and algorithms and familiarity with machine learning libraries and frameworks (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
It would be nice if you also had:
- Familiar with modern analytics visualization tools
- Solid problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- Passion for learning and a curiosity about the latest advancements in machine learning
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
- Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test out the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply it to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.