Business Initiative Manager
City : Montreal
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
An opportunity exists for a skilled, energetic individual to join and partner with the SLFD NB & UW Operations Leadership Team to define, lead and execute on complex continuous improvement initiatives, provide general business and data champion support to enable the evolving SLFD Operations strategy.
Under the direct leadership of the AVP, SLFD NB & UW Operations, this position will be accountable to successfully deliver initiatives in support of achieving our 2022+ objectives and key results (OKRs). The candidate will work in partnership with SLFD Operations leaders and other key stakeholders as required to achieve our goals.
What will you do?
· Support the leadership team in translating high-level objectives and key results into clearly defined tactics
· Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to validate hypotheses and inform development of relevant recommendations
· Capture findings and recommendations succinctly in a logical and coherent storyline that facilitates productive discussion and decision making
· Lead the execution of complex CI initiatives, including managing coordination of project delivery across multiple teams
· Manage the delivery and execution of several key business initiatives at the same time
· Support our continuous improvement process by partnering with Best Practices to prioritize and implement all process enhancements that will help us deliver better service to our Clients and Advisors
· Support projects and change initiatives that impact business operations. This may include being the subject matter expert representing SLFD NB & UW Operations on projects
· Create presentations, communications and business area deliverables as required
· Lead the processes for important business feedback loops and activities such as: key Initiative meetings, leader meetings and broader team meetings, and others including external meetings as appropriate.
· Accountable to help facilitate and support the team/business area planning process as applicable, ensuring alignment of initiatives to the broader strategy.
· Collaborate with the Leadership team and other key business partners to manage and deliver highly effective leadership, management and employee meetings and events
· You are a results-oriented, proven contributor with a track record of delivering what you promise.
· You are analytical, taking initiative to seek out answers to key questions, process oriented and a proven problem solver.
· You have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Tableau
· You are detail-oriented with strong communication skills and someone who can influence leaders and teams across business area boundaries to collaborate towards achieving outcomes with strong buy-in and support.
· You are passionate about delivering on project deliverables that deliver value against key strategies and priorities for the business.
· You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
· Minimum of two (2) years of project or process management experience with successful record of accomplishments
For Quebec Only - • Bilingualism (French, English) required- support tasks for an English-speaking team outside Quebec
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:74,100/74 100 - 120,800/120 800
Job Category:Business Analysis - Process
Posting End Date:08/12/2022