Business Improvement Analyst
City : Saint John
Category : Quality Management
Industry : Administrative and support services
Employer : J.D. Irving
Business Improvement Analyst
The Transportation and Logistics division of JD Irving, Ltd. is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors (www.jdirving.com). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future with our new Digital Strategy. Our businesses are diverse and exciting, and our quality products and services meet and often exceed our customer expectations because we believe in continuous improvement and innovation. We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
Our division is currently seeking a Business Improvement Analyst located in our Saint John, N.B head office.
The successful candidate is an enthusiastic communicator who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You will work with key stakeholders in our businesses to build and leverage cohesive relationships toward the achievement of organizational goals and a culture of continuous improvement.
• Lead the implementation of business improvement initiatives throughout the company such as 5S, Lean, or Daily Management implementations.
• Partner with senior leadership to determine business improvement initiatives in alignment with strategic goals
• Conduct and utilize internal and external benchmarking to enhance internal processes for the business improvement team and our businesses
• Lead business improvement initiatives including process / operational improvements, digital transformations, or revenue generating projects
• Coordinate and manage improvement ideas and actions that are collected at leadership meetings
• Using reporting and analytic software such as Tableau, Cognos and Alteryx to deliver timely and insightful information to management.
• Undergraduate Degree
• Accredited Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and demonstrated work experience in business improvement or process improvement tools and methodologies
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments in a demanding environment
• Excellent communication, facilitation and influencing skills at all levels (including front line staff and senior leadership)
• Ability to analyze problems/opportunities for efficiencies and make recommendations for improvements
• Project management experience considered an asset
Please apply online for this career opportunity.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Transportation Services Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.