Business Execution Manager
City : Calgary
Category : Marketing
Industry : Retail
Employer : Alimentation Couche-Tard
About Circle K
We know that you can work anywhere. However, working at Circle K is the start of something great!
Join a global family of 130,000 people in over 16,000 stores and 25 countries to make our customers lives a little bit easier every day. We set ourselves apart by our culture of pride: pride in our people and their development, pride in serving others, what we've built and what we are striving to achieve. No matter where you come from or where you are heading in your career, there is a place for you to grow at Circle K. When you grow, we grow - together.
We are currently hiring for a Business Execution Manager to join our Western Canada Merchandising team based out of Calgary. Reporting to the Director of Merchandising and Marketing, this role will be primarily responsible for providing operational leadership in the implementation of new programs, auditing, and training to ensure a high level of excellence and compliance. You will lead the analysis of audit results, P&L reporting and budget management while providing feedback to business unit management. Significant operational knowledge is needed along with the ability to develop and articulate strategic communication, recommendations while working closely with different departments. Additional key responsibilities include the oversight of new operational programs through scheduling, managing roll-out teams and conducting field training. This position has leadership responsibility for all stores in the business unit. The Business Execution Manager supports the company goals by focusing on personal accountability, customer service and work efficiency.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinate and schedule and manage new merchandising program rollouts with cross-functional teams.
- Design and participate in the implementation of both routine and ad hoc reporting.
- Conduct store visits to observe and capture feedback.
- Support operations teams in ordering efficiency & planogram orderability
- Monitor merchandising department’s performance to proactively communicate to category managers trends and execution opportunities to maximize effectiveness.
- Provides analysis of various reports including, but not limited to: store’s P&Ls, audits and budgets.
- Continually monitor existing store operating methods to search for opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Adheres to the company operating policy of Legal, Ethical and Moral practices.
- Performs multiple tasks in fast paced and detail-oriented environment.
- Maintains a professional and supportive image among subordinates and supervisors.
- Enhances professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks; or participating in professional societies.
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, or related field preferred. Other combinations of job-related experience and education that meet the requirements may be substituted.
- Three to five years of retail business experience in multi-site leadership or more preferred; including a minimum of two years of management responsibility.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, significant operations and marketing knowledge, effective communication skills, be self-directed, self-motivated and an advocate of Operational Excellence.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English.
- Ability to present in meetings and conduct training.
- Ability to supervise and manage the functions related to employees on roll-out teams.
- Expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint and Word preferred.
- This position may also require up to 25 - 50% travel by car
- A current and valid Canadian driver’s license
Circle K values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity by encouraging applications from the following designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Couche-Tard/Circle K values diversity and inclusion and aims to create a safe, accessible and rewarding workplace that showcases the unique contribution of our employees to the success of our business. As an employer, we are committed to employment equity, we encourage a wide variety of applications to ensure that we have a diverse workforce that is representative of the customers and the communities we serve. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants who participate in all aspects of the selection process.