Business Development Manager, Public Sector – Ontario Government
City : Toronto
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM’s consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM’s top technologies. If you’re ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager will be part of an extraordinary team who identify and qualify opportunities while working in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment. You will lead sales strategies to meet sales objectives, support customer satisfaction, secure business retention and increase market share for all IBM Consulting) offerings while developing strong, long lasting client relationships. Your sales efforts and accomplishments will address the most strategic requirements of the customer/prospect and promise both short and long-term revenue for IBM. Prior experience selling to the Ontario Public Sector , and established client relationships is essential. Ideal candidate would have experience with clients Government, Public Service Delivery and Health
Reporting to the Ontario Public Sector organization, the Business Development Manager (a sales role) maintains an effective business relationship with the client's management team and influences the overall success of IBM Consulting S offerings within the Ontario Public Sector market. You will work to determine the customer’s needs and translate these needs into opportunities for IBM. Your primary interfaces within IBM will be the Consulting team (industry experts, solution owners) and the client team (who have overall IBM account responsibility).
The incumbent will be responsible for identifying opportunities and developing solutions for their target clients. You will work with the IBM team on opportunities with the Ontario Public Sector. Using skills, experience and intellectual capital to define appropriate solutions, you will identify, evaluate and select solutions and specialty offerings which best meet the client's business needs.
The Business Development Manager will work in collaboration with go-to-market teams to:
• Identify, validate and drive new IBM Consulting opportunities
• Drive an aggressive annual pipeline and signings target and effectively managing a sales funnel and overall results
• Perform extensive prospecting within a set of transactional accounts in the Federal Public Sector
• Lead/own the service sales deals for selected opportunities through full lifecycle
• Provide client coverage and coordinate face-to-face and program coverage
• Work with subject matter experts to develop solutions for qualified clients and work with the resourcing team to staff positions and oversee the on-boarding process
• Lead/support account management activities
• Participate and support in delivery activities to maintain account and client continuity
• Be accountable for total customer satisfaction, market share, Consulting profit and revenue within the client base, and act as the Consulting interface with focus accounts
• Be accountable for the success of selling Consulting engagements involving multi-functional teams, leading and/or participating in several opportunities at the same time
• Maintain a positive, keen attitude and a competitive drive
This role can be performed from the GTA region.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7 years of success selling business consulting and application development services to government
- Demonstrable complex strategic selling skills preferred
- A track record of achieving/exceeding sales targets
- Proven success in prospecting and managing a territory and/or growing presence within accounts
- Experience and demonstrable relationships with corporate-level executives
- Experience selling services related to Cloud applications including advisory, migration, and managed applications and integration
- Experience managing rapid, highly flexible small pursuits as well as large scale, complex proposals
- Excellent written English skills with demonstrated experience writing customer proposals
- Proven presentation skills
- A relevant academic background
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 8 years’ experience in selling business consulting and application development services to Public Sector
- At least 6 years’ experience in selling business consulting and application development services to the Ontario Public Sector.
- Secret Clearance or Secret Clearance eligible.
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
About Business UnitIBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.