Business Development Lead
City : SUDBURY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Business Development Lead - ( 22000426 )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining, minerals and metals companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
As a Business Development Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the Practice and Sector Leaders with business development and client management for the Mining, Minerals and Metals team within the Canadian region. The team pursues and executes mining projects of varying size and complexity throughout the world. We require individuals with exceptional communication skills who can lead and/or support pursuits and proposals, communicate, interact and manage clients in the region, as well as a self-starter who is willing to make initial client contacts to develop new business and new client relationships. Successful candidates are also expected to continue supporting project execution in their functional area of practice.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Proposal Development including defining Scopes of Work, Estimating, Scheduling and leading proposal teams
- Develop project opportunities with existing and new clients in the region
- Develop working relationships with other Stantec business centers for sales and networking
- Support project execution in functional area of practice
- Work closely with the Business Center Practice Leads to execute the Business Plan and drive Top Line Growth
- Contributes to process improvements
- Establishes and maintains Stantec's position as one of the top professional services firms in the region
- Assignments are broad, varied and diverse in scope
- Provides mentoring, coaching and informal guidance to staff
- Works under general supervision
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Marketing and Business Development, sales strategy experience
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationship with internal groups, key business partners and clients
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Understanding of project finance, budgeting and/or scheduling
- Demonstrated integrity, accountability, creativity, high standards, ethical values and achievement orientation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in challenging situations with both internal and external groups
- Performs well under pressure. Demonstrated track record of meeting internal and external deadlines
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
- Travel may be required, up to 20% of the time
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Business or related field or a technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field
- Minimum 8 plus years of experience in mining, business development experience is preferred
Closing Date: Please apply by end of day December 4, 2022
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 19, 2023, 1:20:42 PM
Req ID: 22000426
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans