Business Development Coordinator
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Business Development Coordinator - ( 220003LP )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
This position requires someone who has strong business development instincts, excellent graphic and written communication skills, and likes to connect with others — a content and business developer who knows how to craft clear and compelling messages for project deliverables, conference presentations, and client events. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support annual BC business planning, associated spend tracking, and forecasting
- Generate and assist BCPL in issuing Monthly M&BD Update email to All Staff
- Provide BC wins and pursuit data for inclusion in RBL period end report
- Facilitate M&BD project setup and closeout; maintain list of open task codes
- Maintain records in accordance with internal requirements and ISO standards
- Pipeline entries and updates including closing out wins, losses, and client cancels
- Notify document controls to setup project upon notification of award (with assigned project manager)
- Work with BCPLs to update pipeline monthly; generate reports, and populate 12-month forecast tool
- Client and market research
- Coordinate Account Management strategy, planning, and execution including BC quarterly account management update calls.
- Assist with win-strategies for strategic pursuits and provide marketing assistance for select proposals
- Prepare client- and opportunity-specific promotional materials, such as statements of qualifications (SOQs), prequalification packages, expressions of interest (EOIs), and content for proposals and presentations
- Support tradeshow and conference activity including assisting marketing with promotional material, working with BCPL on conference cost calculator, and providing BC-specific assistance including abstracts and presentations
- Coordinate and promote local promotional events, client engagement events, community engagement events, sponsorships, and scholarships
- Maintain internal systems and information related to opportunities/leads, relevant experience, and other promotional resources including project photographs
- Manage marketing printed collateral inventory and advise on marketing merchandise inventory
- Coordinate external communications with Marketing including social media, blogs, editorials, technical publications, client e-cards, etc.
- Assist with ad hoc requests such as PowerPoint presentations, written communications, etc. as required
- Liaise with Practice and Sector leaders to facilitate promotional initiatives
- Event attendance or travel may be required (<10% of time)
- Coordinate with Marketing on promotional materials, proposal development and to support strategic pursuits
- Create and maintain project profiles
- Internal and external business development communications
- Assist with proposal development as required
- Serve as a point of contact for pipeline and SMKC questions (personnel profiles, resumes, etc.)
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with business development strategy and analytics is required.
- Strong graphic design (InDesign) skills are required.
- Prior experience working in consulting engineering is required (specialized experience in sustainability is strongly preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments.
- Event planning and management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to successfully work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
Education and Experience
Minimum 10 years of relevant experience and education (min BA/BSC required). Business Development Professional preferred. Must be highly proficient in Microsoft office and have excellent communication skills, including written.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Job : Administrative Support
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 17, 2022, 2:15:47 PM
Req ID: 220003LP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans