Business Continuity Analyst
City : Brampton, ON, CA; Calgary, AB, CA; Kelowna, BC, CA; Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Enterprise Risk Management
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
The Business Continuity Analyst reports to the Director of Business Continuity and Enterprise Risk Management. This role requires a significant understanding of business continuity planning methodologies and support of critical business operations. The business continuity analyst will assist in maintaining and improving the business continuity program to improve resiliency and protect sensitive business function that could impact our brand and reputation. The business continuity analyst will support preparation for and response to actual incidents.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Director of Business Continuity Planning as well as Business Leadership on significant projects that affect resiliency of critical business processes.
- Responsible for supporting the administration of Rogers business continuity program, including:
- Ensure that Business Continuity program components (Business Impact Analysis, Risk Assessments, plans, strategies, etc.) are current, effective, and address business requirements.
- Develop schedules and materials for Business Continuity training/awareness activities to ensure that business continuity teams are trained and proficient in implementing the business continuity plans.
- Coordinate business recovery exercises (i.e. Table-Top, Walk-throughs, etc.).
- Administer and manage content on the Business Continuity SharePoint library.
- Support emergency communications with employees.
- Ensure that new acquisitions are integrated into Rogers business continuity management program.
- Support the Crisis Management Team to include: scheduling conference calls, supporting emergency communications, preparing and distributing status updates, ensuring execution of action items, and creating post-incident reports.
- Support business continuity related initiatives.
- Other activities as required.
What you'll have:
- Knowledge or experience in business continuity planning - commensurate with 3-5 years of experience.
- An understanding of Information Technology concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint, etc.).
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Very strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to interact and work efficiently and effectively with employees across the organization.
- Strong administrative skills, including effectiveness in developing project plans to achieve target dates.
- Ability to be on call to support off-hours incidents.
- Must be a productive team player and must also be comfortable working independently.
- Professional Designation – Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP, MBCI, etc.).
- Prior business continuity experience at a large organization or business continuity consulting experience.
- Experience in managing disruptive incidents (significant, multi-site incidents would be a strong plus).
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Enterprise Risk Management
Requisition ID: 295139
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate