Business Consultant (Investment Systems-CRM)
City : Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category : Full time
Industry : Public Services/Utilities
Employer : Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Why you’ll love working here:
high-performance, people-focused culture
our commitment that equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees, including coverage supporting our team's diversity and mental health (e.g., gender affirmation, fertility and drug treatment, psychological support benefits of $2,500 per year, and newly extended maternity/parental leave top of 26 weeks)
optional post-retirement health and dental benefits subsidized at 50%
yoga classes, meditation workshops, nutritional consultations, and wellness seminars
access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent and temporary employees
the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
The IT Investment Solutions Group at HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan) is looking for a highly motivated and an experienced Business Consultant to join our team!
As a key member of our IT Investment Solution Group, the Business Consultant will work as a primary liaison with business partners in Investment Management (across all asset classes) to manage a centralized CRM system(s) that deliver the needs of our partners, also help the PMO office to analyze and document business requirements for new projects coming through the Intake system.
This role is responsible for understanding organizational objectives, conducting analysis, eliciting business, and systems requirements, designing specifications, facilitating testing, implementing solutions, and supporting production operations.
The Business Consultant must possess a strong knowledge in Investment Management/Capital Market areas with a successful track record leading programs/Initiatives for Investment management.
As a Member of Our Team, You Will be Responsible For:
- Act as primary liaison and technical advisor to investment management teams across all asset classes managing HOOPP’s Investment Management CRM System(s) and respective integrations.
- Lead planning and direct analysis discussion with business stakeholders to ensure full understanding of organizational objectives and priorities.
- Lead the development of system strategy, working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with business objectives; analyze and understand any gaps within the business that can be resolved with CRM workflows and processes.
- Provide guidance and carry-out business analysis and translate into technical specifications and solutions.
- Partner with all stakeholders, including Investment Management and third-party vendors, to develop solutions to support ongoing needs from different Investment management desks.
- Lead and implement training to improve CRM capabilities for key stakeholders.
- Oversee and lead detail process mapping, JAD sessions and document findings.
- Contribute to business cases for systems implementations and participate in RFP and due diligence processes.
- Lead implementation of new functionalities within CRM to support all front office functions, including all public and private markets asset classes, Total Portfolio Group and the Office Of the CIO
- Engage technology architects and other IT partners to determine dependency and impact to the overall systems architecture.
- Lead the implementation, enhancements, and systems upgrades/integrations as required.
- Manage, design, and execute the testing process to ensure visibility, traceability, and effective execution to deliver high quality solutions.
- Investigate root causes when issues arise, recommend changes, oversee implementation, and maintain accurate documentation.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to junior members of team.
- Conduct risk-benefits analysis in clear technical and non-technical language
- Think creatively to design solutions with a forward-thinking approach to best accommodate future needs of the Investment management team.
- Strive to improve environment stability by working with others to set up and maintain production configurations and maintain SLAs.
- Monitor operational risk and systems performance management in all initiatives.
- Collaborate with a team that embodies the agile mindset, involving high amounts learning and flexibility to achieve high performing results.
- Actively participate and contribute to Agile/ Scrum practices such as daily standups, backlog refinement, planning and sprint retrospectives.
- Support the team in developing and realizing the Product vision (develop roadmaps, manage scope, minimum viable products etc.)
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree in business administration, finance, computer science, engineering, or a related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the asset management or investment industry
- Direct working experience in front office operations across different asset classes and teams including both public and private asset classes.
- Prior leadership role in other investment IT, pension funds or Fintech organizations
- Previous experience managing CRM Platforms Ex. Dynamics 365(Sales), Viva Sales, Deal Path, Deal Cloud, or supporting tech like Power Platform or similar, this includes configuration, Security, workflow automation, design, Data Migration through all stages of the project.
- Capable of using BI Tools (Power BI or similar) to build needed reports/dashboards and others as needed by the business.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to system architecture, configuration, and processes.
- Highly organized, analytical, strategic, and structured with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment workflows and trading lifecycle
- Strong experience with private markets investment workflows such as origination and deal management/tracking and pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to play multiple hands-on roles such as project management, requirement analysis, solution design and visioning, planning, testing, and solutions implementation along with knowledge of systems development lifecycle.
- Excellent facilitator and interviewer (able to pull out deeper business needs & usage patterns)
- Technical background in a software development environment, preferable with Dynamics 365(Sales) Configuration and .Net Development (or other ERP/CRM solutions) is an asset.
- Experience working with developers to produce solution that work for the business.
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and experience with Microsoft SQL
- Prior involvement with third-party vendors, vendor management, internal and external operational audits
- CFA, CSA, FRM, Lean and/or Six Sigma, or PMP or Agile/Scrum designation is preferred.
- CRM Designated certification is considered an asset.