Business Analyst, Project Delivery
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Business Analyst, Project Delivery - ( 220001I5 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents.
As a member of the Business Experience (BX) Project Delivery team, we are looking for a creative problem solver who is passionate about improving the experience our project managers have in effectively managing their projects.
To accomplish this, you will take a disciplined agile approach working with stakeholders to understand business requirements and engaging with our application development teams to translate them into application requirements and validate solutions throughout the software development lifecycle.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Engaging with key stakeholders to maintain an understanding of the business domain and current and future needs.
- Analyzing current state business processes, identifying pain-points, and developing recommendations for process/system improvement.
- Scoping business requirements and formulating a plan with the technical teams to optimally solicit detailed requirements to design and develop the solution most efficiently.
- Combining your domain experience with the business analysis discipline to perform the following activities:
- Conducting stakeholder workshops to elicit requirements.
- Developing process models and other project deliverables using Confluence, Jira, GitLab or Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Assisting with technology assessment and selection.
- Researching, recommending, and implementing system solutions.
- Working with stakeholders to develop business practice and policy documentation.
- Facilitating formal user acceptance testing and participating in testing activities such as test case creation, execution, and issue resolution.
- Adhering to Stantec’s Solution Delivery Framework and Change Management process requirements.
- Collaborating with business analysts in other business domains (Finance, IT, Payroll, Project Accounting, Marketing, Operations Management, etc.) to ensure cross-functional requirements and impacts to other stakeholders are considered.
- Being an advocate for business process management.
- Coordinating and participating in user acceptance testing.
- Processing service requests.
- Assisting with day-to-day operational issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong customer service focus with demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented with high-degree of critical thinking.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent team player demonstrated by being held accountable to other team members while also holding other team members to their tasks.
Education and Experience
- Business Analysis experience working in a complex business environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field. A/E industry experience in operations considered an asset.
- Experience eliciting and documenting high-level and detailed requirements, including use cases, stories, and epics.
- Experience in test planning, preparation, and execution. Experience with QA testing tools (qTest) a definite asset.
- Understanding and experience working with agile development practices would be a significant asset.
- Post-secondary degree; ideally related to Business or Management Information Systems. A professional accounting designation and/or IIBA certification, or substantial progress towards one, would be a significant asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library).
- Familiarity with Jira, Gitlab or Confluence
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Job : Application and Systems Administration
Organization : BC-1310 Business Experience-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 18, 2022, 6:38:43 AM
Req ID: 220001I5
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans