Business Analyst, Project Accounting
City : Calgary
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Business Analyst, Project Accounting - ( 2300029F )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
Reporting to the Director Finance/Project Accounting Solution Delivery within the Business Experience (BX) group, this position is responsible for engaging with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to translate their business needs into system solutions that achieve desired outcomes.
To accomplish this, the analyst develops a close relationship with designated business process leads and undertakes a disciplined approach to develop a keen understanding of business requirements and engages with system experts to design and validate system solutions. This position will predominantly focus on Project Accounting including accounting for revenue, inter-company charges, project setup, costing and billing and associated business processes that may include project delivery tools.
- Engaging with Business Process Leads to maintain an understanding of the business domain and current and future needs.
- Analyzing current state business processes, identifying pain-points, and developing recommendations for process/system improvement.
- Scoping business requirements and formulating a plan with the technical teams to optimally solicit detailed requirements to design and develop the solution most efficiently.
- Combining your domain experience with the business analysis discipline to perform the following activities:
+ Conducting stakeholder workshops to elicit requirements.
+ Developing process models and other project deliverables using Confluence, Jira, or Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
+ Assisting in the research, recommendation, and implementation of system solutions.
+ Facilitating formal user acceptance testing and participating in testing activities such as test case creation, execution, and issue resolution.
- Adhering to Stantec’s Solution Delivery Framework and Change Management process requirements.
- Supporting cross-functional programs and projects that may include Finance, IT, Payroll, Project Accounting, and other user communities.
- Being an advocate for business process management.
- Processing service requests, coordinating and participating in testing and implementation for large scale upgrades and integrations.
- Assisting with day-to-day operational issues.
Capabilities & Credentials:
- Experience eliciting and documenting high-level and detailed requirements, including use cases.
- Experience in test planning, preparation, and execution. Experience with QA testing tools (qTest) a definite asset.
- Understanding and experience working with agile development practices would be a significant asset.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Familiarity with ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library).
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong customer service focus with demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent team player demonstrated by being held accountable to other team members while also holding other team members to their tasks.
- Bilingualism in English/French would be considered an asset.
Education & Experience
- Business Analysis experience working in a complex business environment.
- Post-secondary degree; ideally related to Business or Management Information Systems.
- A professional accounting designation and/or IIBA certification, or substantial progress towards one, would be a significant asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field. A/E industry experience in project accounting processes considered an asset.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Organization : BC-1310 Business Experience-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 25, 2023, 8:31:48 AM
Req ID: 2300029F
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans