Business Analyst, Innovation
City : Winnipeg
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Business Analyst, Innovation - ( 230000TS )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. As part of the Innovation Office, the Digital Technology & Innovation team is composed of digital experts who conduct research and development to keep our teams and our client’s projects ahead of the technological curve. They implement established technologies and find emerging solutions for all business lines (Buildings, Energy & Resources, Environmental Services, Infrastructure, and Water), bridging existing knowledge domains and facilitating the integration of powerful tools and methods. The team’s goal is to make projects more efficient and help provide higher-quality results to our clients. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a critical thinker, and highly interested in the application of new technologies and methods. The candidate will become a member of the Innovation Office, however, he or she will also be accessible to Stantec’s project teams to support project work as needed.
In the Innovation Office, the Digital Technology & Innovation team is composed of digital experts who conduct research and development to keep our teams—and our client’s projects—ahead of the technological curve. They implement established technologies and find emerging solutions for all business lines (Buildings, Energy & Resources, Environmental Services, Infrastructure, and Water), bridging existing knowledge domains and facilitating the integration of powerful tools and methods. The team’s goals are to digitalize our organization, support Stantec’s digital transformation, and to increase the capacity of our designers, engineers, and scientists, providing higher-quality results and solutions to our clients.
The Innovation Office’s Digital Technology & Innovation (DTI) team is currently seeking a Business Analyst to join the team! Within this position, you would be responsible for reviewing the requirements of our internal and external clients and designing and implementing technology solutions to meet those needs. You will be responsible for developing project plans and ensuring implementations are completed on-time, within budget, and meet client expectations. You may be involved in product demonstrations or aid in scoping projects or developing proposals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for business analysis and recommending solutions to complex business, strategic, and operational issues for our clients. In addition, the successful candidate will interact with our clients to identify and analyze issues impacting their organizations, propose business requirements and functional change to enable high performance, apply technology and/or resources to solve problems and improve business performance, and provide innovative solutions to realize greater performance, reliability, efficiency, and operational speed within the business support and financial functions of our clients.
Stantec’s DTI members also engage in research & development and provide guidance and oversight as a center of excellence for the business. This includes engaging in new product research & testing and the incubation of digital transformation, process automation and improvement, and innovative ideas that arise from around the company.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with Stantec’s client-facing project and program teams to architect and deploy innovative systems and tools and that address the business process and requirement needs of the client.
- Collaborate heavily with Program Managers, IT colleagues, Stantec client-facing teams and other stakeholders to define, develop, implement, and configure business solutions based on a standard set of software tools and technologies.
- Ensure that results meet defined customer expectations and adhere to company standards and strategies.
- Leverage new technologies to create innovative solutions to engineering related projects and tasks.
- Design, configure, and support hosted and/or on-premise client-facing solutions using a combination of custom components and out-of-the-box SharePoint functionality.
- Understand functional requirements for a software system and articulate information technology solutions to technical and non-technical users.
- Develop level-of-effort budgets for a given scope of work and be able to deliver work within those constraints.
- Define Project Plan details including scope, schedule, and budget and coordinate phases for project execution intervals.
- Work independently and with partners to develop new SaaS, Web and Mobile Solutions in a variety of platforms.
- Coordinate with development team members using fit for purpose project methodologies.
- Troubleshoot SharePoint issues and act as a central point of contact for external / internal clients and customers.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases.
- Deliver software implementations and application development following our SDO delivery methodology including business requirements, user stories & design specifications for the development teams to implement.
- Articulate the needs of a client through requirements gathering exercises and turn them into achievable solutions based upon the suite of technologies available.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience creating solutions in the SharePoint on premise, SharePoint Online environments strongly desired.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, balance multiple priorities and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Willingness to experiment & learn. Creativity is key!
- Experience identifying solutions to business issues and customer needs through a detailed understanding of business processes and systems.
- Ability to break down a business issue or process into component parts. Problem solving skills with the ability to solve complex and ambiguous problems while anticipating dependencies and interrelationships.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, SharePoint workflows, Bamboo, Nintex, Primavera P6, O365, QlikSense, SQL databases, Microsoft Azure, Dynamics 365, and other key components of portal dashboard, document management and reporting systems.
- Experience working on a Program or in a PMO preferred.
- Experience implementing Project Management Information Systems or innovative digital solutions.
- Proficient understanding of code version tools Git & MS DevOps
- Experience with JIRA Task Management
- Strong understanding of application & database development best practices
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology or related discipline required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in solution development/ configuration for data intensive IT systems, of which at least 2 years has been spent analyzing, designing, and/or implementing complex business systems and facilitation of associated business change management.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1290 Innovation-DTI-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 21, 2023, 1:29:24 PM
Req ID: 230000TS
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans