Business Analyst, Agile
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Customer Experience
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 410011
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Transformation & Systems team is a high performance team driven by a culture of pride. We are transforming purchasing experiences at Bell. We want to make it easy for our customers to buy Bell solutions, and at the same time, ensure seamless operational support for our team members and front-line sales partners. We are an inclusive, supportive, and highly collaborative team of business experts. We solve problems with our customers in mind and invite a constant flow of business improvement ideas.
We are seeking individuals with a passion for technology, an outside-the-box mindset, and a continuous drive to improve customer experience.
As Business Analyst, you will support one or more teams within our Agile Release Train, delivering multiple initiatives in parallel for our Retail and Omni-Channel product roadmap. You will work closely with Product Owners and Product Managers in our organization, as well as IT team members and our Channel and Marketing partners, on all phases of project and feature delivery: define, develop, test, launch, and support. You will also provide ongoing operational support for our e-commerce systems and product catalogues in production.
- As Product Owner (PO) proxy, analyze upcoming features and break them into user stories.
- As PO proxy, translate requirements from business to IT team members.
- As PO proxy, plan, review, and execute tests for business to accept stories and features as done.
- Create and update documentation such as use cases, process maps, and release notes.
- Facilitate the creation of wireframes, mock-ups, editorial, training materials.
- Facilitate feedback sessions with stakeholders and end users, both to gather requirements and review solutions for approval, ensuring issues are documented and actioned within the Agile Release Train.
- Proactively identify, document, and implement process improvement and hardening opportunities in production.
- Work with Product Owners/Product Managers to manage external dependencies on Sales, Operations, Supply Chain, IT, Marketing, Product, etc.
- Support POs/PMs in executing a smooth operational rollout and take-to-market plan, to ensure last-mile success.
- Create end user documentation and lead knowledge transfer sessions.
- Administer an extensive E-commerce Product Catalogue on an ongoing basis, supporting new product introductions and updates.
- Support failsafe activities, system tickets, and end-user issues.
- University degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems or equivalent education.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst, Project Lead, or Product Owner within IT-centric projects, preferably Agile or Scaled Agile.
- Ability to translate business needs into well-structured requirements with SMART acceptance criteria.
- Disciplined, detail-oriented, and highly organized with daily time-sensitive tasks such as updating tickets and executing tests.
- Flexible to work occasional (monthly or fewer) weekends and evenings in order to meet deadlines and release dates.
- Very comfortable with ambiguity and constant change.
- Able to lead meetings with multiple stakeholders.
- Formal Business Analysis training, such as IIBA certifications.
- Agile certifications, in particular Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) – Product Owner/Product Manager.
- Understanding of service design principles & customer centric approaches.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular PowerPoint.
- Experience with Hybris.
- Experience with Jira.
- Experience with Confluence.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Application Deadline: 05/31/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.