Buildings Mechanical Construction Administrator
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Buildings Mechanical Construction Administrator - ( 230003AW )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Stantec is currently seeking a full time Buildings Mechanical Construction Administrator based out of our Edmonton, AB office. Stantec Buildings is a group of interdisciplinary consultants that work collaboratively to deliver innovative and sustainable projects safely. Your role will require you to administer projects of various scales and complexity in location across Alberta and Western and Northern Canada.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Proactively monitor field activities involving prime contractors, subtrades, testing and inspection firms and commissioning agents.
- Observe and record existing field conditions and verify that as built records are maintained by others.
- Observe and report deviations from the contract documents, codes and standards. Follow through with all responsible parties until issues are resolved.
- Create and maintain current records of cumulative work completed and reviewed.
- Report observed violations immediately.
- Observe and assist in equipment startups and commissioning.
- Assess and verify progress claims and change orders.
- Take photographs and video recordings.
- Assess and troubleshoot issues in mechanical systems.
- Participate in construction meetings.
- Draft and issue site instructions, change notices, change orders and responses to RFIs.
- Review shop drawings for compliance with contract documents and design intent.
- Provide drawing constructability reviews.
- In mechanical consultant as prime projects, act as the prime contract administrator.
- Promote and follow health, safety, security and environmental policies and culture for a safe work environment
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with contractors, team members, engineers and clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in reading drawings and specifications.
- Detailed technical knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building control systems.
- High understanding of the construction industry and processes including CCDC contracts, codes, and standards and safety regulations.
- Excellent organization, time management, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Bluebeam or Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be able to travel as required for site reviews. This may require overnight stays and travel by airplane.
- Willing to undergo background checks for security clearances.
Education and Experience
- Alberta Trades Journeyperson Certification or Red Seal and / or equivalent in one of the following trades:
+ Instrumentation and Controls Technician
+ Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
+ Sheet Metal Worker
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the building construction industry.
- Wide experience in different building types would be considered an asset. For example: commercial, health care, laboratories, institutional and industrial projects.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1153 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 18, 2023, 1:21:40 PM
Req ID: 230003AW
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans