Building Performance & Sustainability Consultant
City : Edmonton, AB
Category : Buildings - Building Sciences
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Building Performance & Sustainability Consultant to join our Building Performance Team in Edmonton, AB. Candidates should have the desire to learn and apply new skills as they work to make buildings more sustainable. An education or background that includes building construction, building systems, or industry standards such as LEED, CSA and ASHRAE are recommended.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Delivery of best in class sustainability and high performance building services;
- Support multiple projects to deliver a quality service on time, and on budget;
- Interact with WSP and client staff, architects, engineers, contractors, industry representatives and construction trades;
- Primary responsibility will be facilitating sustainable building certifications (Zero Carbon, LEED, WELL, Green Globes, BOMA BEST);
- Opportunity to assist with existing building energy audits
- Support the delivery of sustainability and analysis services required for the project (energy modelling, daylighting analysis, thermal comfort, envelope performance, etc.);
- Provide technical support on sustainability and energy related concepts, strategies and design, such as site related issues, stormwater management, rainwater/greywater harvesting, water use reduction, envelope thermal performance, high efficiency building system, renewable systems, waste management, material selection, thermal comfort, ventilation and indoor air quality, daylighting, health and wellness, etc.;
- Collaborate with design teams to integrate and achieve high performance buildings objectives (Net Zero, Carbon Neutral);
- Provide guidance and support to clients and project teams on available energy efficiency incentive programs and compliance with building code energy efficiency requirements;
- Identify and develop sustainability and energy conservation measures including calculations to demonstrate benefits (Life cycle costing, energy and energy cost savings, incentives, emissions, ROI, etc.);
- Assist in the development clear and concise written reports that convey technical information, understanding of the client’s needs and objectives and recommendations to meet these objectives;
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma from an accredited university, college, or polytechnic in Electrical, Mechanical, Building Systems, or Renewable Energy.
- 2-5 years experience in design, engineering, or consulting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with small teams and to maintain client relationships;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Fluency, both oral and written, in English;
- Exceptional problem solving, time management and decision-making skills;
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Desire to learn continuously, work more effectively, and enhance technical and professional skills;
- Punctual, reliable, detailed oriented, task-oriented, and organized;