Building Performance Consultant
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Building Performance Consultant - ( 2100031N )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Our Greater Toronto Area team is seeking a Building Performance Consultant to become part of our dynamic team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Energy Auditing/Assessment, High Efficiency Design, Low Carbon Design, Measurement and Verification, Energy Feasibility Studies, Business Case Development
- Conduct building Energy & Water Benchmarking analysis. Validate utility consumption profiles using procedures such as regression analysis and weather normalization
- Conduct ASHRAE Level 1, 2 and 3 Energy & Water Audits/Assessments and carbon neutral studies of building assets to identify opportunities for reductions in utility consumption and carbon reduction. Provide insight into the most applicable solution while considering equipment life cycle impacts and effect on operations & maintenance
- Conduct Preliminary and Detailed Engineering Studies of institutional, commercial and industrial and building systems
- Perform Building Control Optimization studies. Identify opportunities to reduce utility consumption through revisions to DDC control sequences
- Conduct Geo-Exchange feasibility studies
- Assist in delivering Measurement & Verification studies
- Perform detailed Cost & Savings estimates
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Expertise in conducting ASHRAE Level 1, 2 and 3 Energy Assessments, and Carbon Neutral Studies identifying utility and carbon savings opportunities and providing cost saving estimates
- A strong background in Mechanical System design/operation, Lighting Technologies and DDC Control strategies is required for this role
- Experience in Building Energy Modelling such as Energyplus, eQuest and IES, Load Calculation Software such as Trace 700 and HAP and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent report writing & analytical skills is essential
- Travel to client sites will be required. The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Position will be based out of our Mississauga Office with regular travel to our Toronto Office
Highly Desirable Skills / Certifications:
- Experience with on-site construction or building maintenance
- Experience with P3 project delivery models
- Experience with Healthcare Projects
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Engineer in Training (E.I.T) or other related designation
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP)
Education and Experience
Degree in engineering or energy related field(s); may consider those candidates with a related technical diploma and experience as an equivalency
Minimum of 5-10 years working in the Energy Management field
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Sustainability Consultant
Organization : BC-1610 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 2, 2021, 8:15:44 AM
Req ID: 2100031N
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans