BUDGET ANALYST (t, ON, CA, m)
City : Toronto
Category : Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Job ID: 36046
- Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
- Division & Section: Fleet Services, Fleet Svcs Business Management
- Work Location: 843 Eastern Ave, Toronto, ON M4L 1A2
- Job Type & Duration: 1 Permanent Full-time
- Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $42.72 - $46.81
- Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
- Affiliation: L79 Full-time
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 17-Mar-2023 to 31-Mar-2023
To co-ordinate and direct the development, preparation and monitoring of budget estimates, detailed variance analysis and assists in operational planning reporting.
Program Supervisor and/or Manager
Accounting Assistant 3 and/or Accounting Assistant 4
Machines and Equipment Used:
Various office equipment
- Performs research and prepares budget and financial status reports.
- Develops and prepares financial statements to advise management on the financial status of various operating budget items, using information extracted from corporate and divisional accounting systems and databases.
- Researches and collects data for reporting the effectiveness and efficiency of Divisional / Unit programs based on performance measurement criteria.
- Prepares budget allotment schedules and takes necessary action to effect and maintain control of supplemental budget adjustments throughout the year.
- Liaises with staff of Finance, Payroll and the Budget Office, and assists in the preparation of financial reports and budget-related correspondence.
- Reviews all materials and purchase requisitions for availability of funds.
- Assists in the processing of subsidy requests and annual information returns.
- Tracks Capital Budget project progress, expenditures, commitments, completion status and year-end projections.
- Reviews Divisional financial statements for accuracy and completeness, determines accounts to be charged on all types of accounting documents, and liases with Finance staff in establishing new Divisional account code requirements.
- Monitors operating, capital and transition project accounts.
- Conducts cost benefit studies and financial research on divisional operations from concept to completion.
- Develops, prepares and maintains monthly budget variance and forecast reports in relation to Operating budgets for senior management of the Division.
- Reviews and analyses payroll, telecommunication and fleet expenses, and generates appropriate timely management information reports.
- Creates, develops and maintains personnel payroll forecast system for inclusion in the Division's operating budget.
- Provides guidance to accounting clerks in the performance of their duties. Checks and verifies account codes, features of expense, prices, etc. on requisitions, disbursement vouchers and other accounting documents prepared by Divisional staff to ensure appropriate account codes are indicated and calculations are correct.
- Attends meetings with divisional senior management and Finance Department etc. to provide and clarify information and resolve issues.
- Reviews and updates current Divisional procedures as required to facilitate coordination of the division's budget submission, etc.
- Creates spreadsheets and provides additional documentation to supplement the division's operating and capital budget submission
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.