City : REGINA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Bridge/Structural Engineer - ( 230002MP )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Transportation practice has an immediate requirement for a Bridge/Structural Engineer in our Saskatoon or Regina offices. This position requires an individual to have bridge design skills with demonstrated strong collaboration and communication skills. Project management experience is considered an asset. The broad skill sets that may be called upon to execute a variety of tasks may include: proposal and work plan preparation; engineering design; drawing review; and coordination with other disciplines and team resources.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Structural design, analysis, and project delivery for both complex and non-complex transportation structures including highway, transit, and rail bridges, culverts, and retaining walls in accordance with applicable specifications and design codes.
- Carry out quantity calculations and cost estimating.
- Preparation of construction specifications, tender documents, and reports.
- Construction drawing review with occasional on-site construction observation inspections.
- Structural analysis and design of other transportation structures, water resource structures, and miscellaneous structures.
- Work in a team environment while contributing to quality designs and construction contract documents.
- Assist with writing and collaborating in the preparation of proposal pursuits.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge of CHBDC and AASHTO design codes.
- Working knowledge of Transportation Association of Canada’s Geometric Design Guide for Canadian Roads and Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways Bridge Design Manuals will be an asset.
- Working knowledge of collaborative tools such as Autodesk, Adobe, and Bluebeam.
- Proficiency in the use of computer modelling techniques using software such as SAP, STAAD, CSiBridge.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in Project Management and Construction Administration would be an asset.
- Experience with City of Saskatoon, City of Regina and Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways design details and specifications is considered an asset.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan (or eligible for licensing with APEGS).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Organization : BC-1110 Transpt-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 28, 2023, 2:41:33 AM
Req ID: 230002MP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans