Bridge Construction Supervisor Assistant
City : Calgary
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Bridge Construction Supervisor Assistant - ( 230000U7 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists with Stantec for a Bridge Project Supervisor Assistant. We are seeking a highly motivated person who will provide assistance to the Senior Project Supervisor with services for bridge construction, including quality management, record documentation, survey and volume determination, cost control and reporting, inspection services for compliance with drawings, standards, and specifications.
The position's qualifications include the ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with strong presentation skills including support of public involvement and outreach programs; strong project/program management expertise; solid understanding of infrastructure design and construction with expertise in complex structures; and strong expertise in bridge rehabilitation, bridge widening and complex structure-types.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Experience in project supervision assistant, ensuring consistency with BCMOT practices
- Knowledge of BCMOT Standard Specifications and major Works Construction Agreement, application, and interpretation consistent with Ministry practice
- Practical and technical knowledge of bridge construction including concrete bridge Deck Re-Surfacing
- Leading and developing technical discipline teams and performing as a project manager on bridge projects.
- Detailed knowledge in specific disciplines
- Sound knowledge of Quality Management in project supervision services
- Timely and accurate surveying and quantity determination
- Liaison with other consultants, other Ministries, individuals, and outside agencies
- Arrange, facilitate, and document project team meetings
- Manage individual bridge construction projects schedule and budgets
- Serving as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Position will primarily work in a field office setting with travel.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must have been the technical person that carried out and was responsible for full time inspection for roadway projects and must have current experience in inspection/ supervision of concrete bridge deck resurfacing projects.
- Significant experience with supporting bridge structure construction and management on small and complex bridge projects
- Experience with Quality Control / Quality Assurance Program development and implementation.
- Strong client interaction and relationship skills.
Education and Experience
- Must have professional engineers or technicians/ technologists with current experience as bridge construction inspectors or as bridge project assistant supervisor.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 21, 2023, 1:23:13 PM
Req ID: 230000U7
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans