Brand and Advertising Advisor
City : Toronto, Missisauga
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks. At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers. Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Reporting to the Manager, Advertising and Brand, the Advertising and Brand Advisor provides support for the development and execution of marketing campaigns. (approximately 60% of role). This role will also manage day to day department budget requirements including tracking and facilitating estimates, purchase orders, invoicing. (approximately 40% of role).
A typical day
Core Responsibilities: Advertising
• Support the Manager, Brand and Advertising in day to day execution of small and large campaigns. This includes writing briefs, working with external creative and media agencies, managing timelines, reviewing creative, obtaining approvals from internal stakeholders (legal, senior leaders etc.)
• Work across a diverse portfolio including advertising, social media (paid and organic), media planning, direct mail, in-store creative and print assets and support materials.
• Contribute to innovation and idea-generation in a creative, forward-looking team environment.
• Support on the implementation of social media campaigns (paid and organic). Includes scheduling and distributing content across our social channels, planning content calendars and administering sponsored campaign Core Responsibilities: Advertising Budget Management:
• Working with director and managers, oversee day to day management of Brand and Advertising budget.
• Reconciliation and reporting of budget and appropriate tracking
• Work with external agencies, internal finance team and Includes running monthly review meetings with all stakeholders
• 2-5 years background in marketing/advertising role or account service at agency
• Budget management experience a must – Oracle experience a plus
• Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, often ambiguous environment.
• Demonstrate strong creative instincts in messaging, advertising, direct communications and collateral development. Experience in social media space important.
• Must be able to multi-task with a very strong attention to detail
• University or College degree, preferably in Marketing, Advertising/Communications or Business
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check
• The successful canddiate will be based and hired at our Toronto or Mississauga location
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.