Brand Advertising Specialist
City : Markham, ON
Category : Staff
Industry : Automotive
Employer : Hyundai Canada
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is headquartered in Markham, Ontario and is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai markets a full line-up of vehicles in this country – from subcompact to premium sedans to sport utility and crossovers – and is committed to providing world-class, well-engineered products paired with a customer shopping and ownership experience that exceed expectations.
When Hyundai entered the Canadian market in 1983, it was the company’s first overseas subsidiary. Since that time, it has grown into one of the best selling automotive brands in Canada. Hyundai’s success can be attributed to the quality, safety, and design of its vehicles, which is reflected in numerous, high-profile awards they have recently won.
The overall responsibility of this position is to lead day-to-day functions of all Brand Advertising initiatives, execute tactics as well as lead, monitor and execute our social marketing strategy. Always ensure timelines are met with high quality, accurate output that works to further develop the Hyundai Brand in Canada.
• Execute day-to-day tasks for mainstream brand advertising projects to ensure all content is approved by appropriate business units (Product Planning, Incentives, IT, Customer Insights, Legal).
• Work cross functionally among internal departments and with outside vendors to lead and project manage all model year changeover activities as they relate to customer communications for both print and digital properties including all product cards/brochures and dealership POS.
• Be the internal social media expert, managing corporate owned social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube) and monitoring competitive landscape. Liaise with agency partners to set Hyundai Canada’s social strategy. Support in management of Brand Ambassadors and manage social media vehicle fleet. Stay up to date with Hyundai Global’s social media initiatives and ensure alignment in Canadian plan.
• Be the Hyundai Canada brand steward. Manage and police all work backs for advertising campaigns and projects with corporate partners and internal departments to ensure projects are always well planned, day-to-day tasks are completed and projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Ensure all approved brand content (communications, product correct assets and information) is up to date and made accessible to our dealer body through maintaining the ad resource site, providing relevant assets and information to our CRM partners and all current in-market material is uploaded to the CMS for the corporate website. Seek new opportunities for effectively and efficiently sharing marketing assets with the Hyundai dealer network.
• Provide brand creative production support to the Marketing Events team and Hockey Partnership team for corporate and dealer initiatives/events (ex. Auto shows).
• Analyze brand advertising budget, prepare requested reports and provide summaries when necessary. Maintain multiple agency budget control reports to ensure accuracy, actual to plan tracking at a project level and clear documentation and transparency are always delivered.
• Draft and Publish corporate bulletins to maintain clear and continuous communication with our zones, field staff and dealer body to ensure all are made aware of all advertising campaigns and activities as well as business updates prior to live date.
• Execute POS strategy and ensure alignment with dealer image standards.
• Review, provide feedback when necessary, and approve customer communications from across the entire organization to ensure all communication abides by Hyundai brand guidelines and legal review has taken place prior to deployment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Project management experience for a minimum of 3 years.
• Excellent understanding of the Canadian social media landscape
• Excellent attention to detail required.
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral).
• Building effective presentations and comfortable presenting to Executive level management.
• Ability to work well as an individual and in a team environment.
• Self-starter and must be very organized, able to manage multiple competing tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, and effectively prioritize a demanding workload.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Completion of an undergraduate degree, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in same or similar function with automotive experience being desirable.
Why join our team?
Our award-winning culture has been recognized through our Great Place to Work™ certification for the past 6 years. We have been able to achieve this not only thanks to the dedication and commitment of our team members to our business, but also through a variety of fun activities and opportunities throughout the year which allow us to build strong engagement! When you join Hyundai Auto Canada Corp., you will become part of an organization that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall well-being. We offer an excellent benefits package including RSP matching, flexible start times, maternity leave top up, an attractive vehicle-lease program, demo vehicles for Managers and education support.
The first round of candidates will be reviewed on or before March 18, 2023.
We are committed to providing employees with an experience that will help them grow and develop professionally. Ideal candidates are self-starters, team players and thrive in a dynamic environment. If you are looking to build your career with a growing organization where you can use your knowledge, skills and talents, consider joining our team.
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and their accessibility requirements. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps required to meet your accessibility requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.