City : Jamestown
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
- Education Required: Associate’s Degree
- Years of Experience Required: 2 years of related work experience preferred
- Strong electro-mechanical skills and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Willingness to complete food safety and other job training and comply with SQF standards
- Successful candidates must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
Perform all aspects of operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of boiler, refrigeration and associated equipment.
- Respond to process line or emergency calls to analyze, evaluate and adjust the boiler and refrigeration systems. Perform lock out tag out procedures as required. Maintain associated documentation.
- Perform all equipment preventive maintenance as required by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and management. Perform repair of boiler and refrigeration failures. Proactively monitor the boiler and refrigeration operation to ensure its optimum performance.
- Assist outside contractors as needed. Install new or revised equipment or devices as required. Forecast any probable future issues that may cause downtime. Train new employees as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and carry out new innovative initiatives reduce downtime, costs, and waste.
- To maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area. To attend and participate in me
What We Offer:
We take pride in our people and support them. We have an industry-leading employee incentive program, 401K with a company match up to 5%, and continually review and adjust our rates of pay to ensure we remain competitive. We provide unrivaled benefit plans for our employees and their families, most of which start the first of the month after hire, including medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage, flex spending accounts, life and supplemental insurance, long term disability insurance, and paid time off with carryover. Our other industry leading benefits include internal growth opportunities, paid breaks, uniform and shoe allowance, referral bonuses, and relocation assistance. Plus now offering a $500 sign on bonus!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online. Position is posted until filled.