Blasting Supervisor (Quarries)
City : Saint John
Category : Construction
Industry : Heavy and civil engineering construction
Employer : J.D. Irving
BLASTING SUPERVISOR (QUARRIES)
*Relocation assistance will be provided*
Gulf Operators Ltd is a civil contractor experienced in all aspects of civil work including drilling and blasting, concrete work, excavation, water and sewer, and aggregate production and sales.
At Gulf Operators you will discover a fast-paced work environment and will gain exposure to a wide range of industrial, commercial, infrastructure and residential projects.
We are looking for talent to add to our drilling and blasting team! In the role of Blasting Superintendent, you will be involved in a variety of projects and locations across our divisions. This is an opportunity for growth and development for the right candidate.
- Supervise and lead the drilling and blasting crews’ daily operations with a focus on safety and efficiency at all sites.
- Manage the design, layout, preparation, and detonation of planned blasts in accordance with quarry development plans.
- Schedule drilling and blasting activities in a manner that maximizes the drilling and blasting crews’ productivity at all sites.
- Provide supervision to the blasting crew while carrying out blasting operations in a safe manner.
- Take part in all blasting activities such as priming charges, loading bulk products, stemming, hookup and initiation of the blast.
- Order explosive products and other consumables as required for the ongoing operation of the drilling and blasting crews.
- Maintain detailed records of all blasting activities such as cut sheets, blast designs, explosives quantities and any other pertinent information at the quarry sites.
- Provide coaching and training to any drilling and blasting crew members that are identified as suitable candidates to pursue a Class 1 Blasting License in the province of New Brunswick.
- Ensure that all Federal and Provincial regulations involving working personnel, product storage, and explosive product transportation are adhered to.
We are looking for the following skill sets and experience:
- Class I Provincial Blasting License (New Brunswick) or the ability to obtain one based on work experience.
- 2-5 years of experience working with explosives in quarries or in the construction industry.
- Supervisory experience considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to display a positive attitude and to motivate and engage a team.
- Ability to instill a strong safety culture leading by example.
Gulf Operators Limited is pleased to offer a competitive wage and benefits package. If you are committed to excellence, have high energy, are determined to succeed, and interested in working in a rewarding team environment, we would like to speak with you!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online today! We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Gulf Operators Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.