BlackBerry QNX – Software Developer, Multimedia
City : Waterloo
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks and development tools, and provides expert support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded experts. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic microkernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by more than 68% of the Electric Vehicle market by volume, 23 of the top 25 EV manufacturers and is running in more than 175 million vehicles globally. Our foundation products have been pre-certified to ISO 26262 ASIL D and we offer a broad range of board support packages, professional services, AUTOSAR adaptive support and middleware solutions – from acoustic management, to digital cockpits to advanced driving assistance (ADAS) - to accelerate development and help OEMs meet Start of Production (SOP) dates.
We are looking for a Multimedia Developer to develop multimedia software technologies, capabilities and solutions that meet the needs of automotive and consumer markets. We are looking for people who love technology and have a strong interest in what they do.
- Work directly with customers to understand their requirements and provide solutions.
- Develop new software written primarily in C
- Integrate silicon provider codecs into QNX multimedia framework for audio and video decode/encode.
- Integrate multimedia into other key technologies (QT, Android, 3rd party applications, etc)
- Experience with Linux and/or Android is a big asset
- Technical understanding of multimedia frameworks, codecs, containers and streaming formats, is an asset.
- Experience with streaming protocols, like RTP, HLS, DASH is a big asset
- Junior 1- 3 years’ experience. Intermediate 3-5 years’ experience. Senior 5+ years of experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self motivated.
- Personal time projects in software considered an asset
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40