BlackBerry QNX – Software Developer (IDE)
City : Ottawa
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks and development tools, and provides expert support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded experts. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic microkernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by more than 68% of the Electric Vehicle market by volume, 23 of the top 25 EV manufacturers and is running in more than 175 million vehicles globally. Our foundation products have been pre-certified to ISO 26262 ASIL D and we offer a broad range of board support packages, professional services, AUTOSAR adaptive support and middleware solutions – from acoustic management, to digital cockpits to advanced driving assistance (ADAS) - to accelerate development and help OEMs meet Start of Production (SOP) dates.
The QNX Momentics team provides best in class development tools for QNX devices. Our developers are responsible for the design and development of IDE, web-based software distribution tools and SDK features. Located in Ottawa, our energetic team uses agile practices to develop the tools used worldwide for development of devices using QNX. This includes device-side embedded agents, host-side command line tools, an IDE (Eclipse-based or/and VS Code) and cloud-based analytics solutions.
- Design, develop and maintain features of IDE, software distribution system and related tools
- Create innovative solutions to exceed our customers’ needs
- Identify and resolve complex software problems
- Assist in defining and developing requirements for our products
- Strive for constant improvement in technical skills and in our team’s development practices
Skills and qualifications
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (Computer Science, Engineering etc.)
- Strong background (minimum 2 years industry experience) in object-oriented programming (preferably Java)
- Strong collaboration skills; the ability to work within a team and participate actively in design and architecture discussions
- Innovative attitude and creative problem solver
Experience with some of the following is a plus
- IDE Development (e.g VS Code or Theia extensions, Eclipse plug-ins)
- React or node.js development
- Experience with Git, junit or similar test framework, etc.
- System programming (Operating Systems, Compilers, Interpreters, Profilers, Debuggers, etc)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40