BlackBerry QNX – Senior Technical Product Manager
City : Waterloo
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks, and development tools, and provides expert support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded experts. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic micro-kernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware, and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to lead and manage key safety-certified intelligent edge software products in our portfolio for the automotive and embedded market segments. You need a strong technical background and have recent experience in an automotive or embedded device environment. If you do not have proven embedded software background and a passion for functional safety and security, this position is not for you.
This role includes both product management and product marketing responsibilities. This includes leading products throughout the entire product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing customer and market requirements, defining and evangelizing the product vision, and working closely with engineering and customers on an ongoing basis to deliver winning products.
- Work with Engineering, Legal, Finance and other groups to lead the BlackBerry QNX functional safety and security product releases from inception to general availability, participating and leading cross-functional initiatives as required
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to perform market and customer needs analysis to develop market opportunity assessments and business model proposals to aid product investment decisions
- Articulate and foster the value proposition for our functional safety and security products and services to customers and key external partners
- Develop sales enablement tools such as white papers, presentations, competitive analysis, and content to support the selling process
- Product launch planning and execution to ensure the products are effectively introduced to the market including a full NPI
- Prime for webinars, tradeshows, customer / prospect meetings and other outbound events
Essential skills and qualifications
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical degree or diploma program
- Knowledge and/or experience with one of the following functional safety standards: ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 50128 or DO-178C.
- Recent embedded experience with ARM or x86-based embedded device software
- Product management experience for electronic systems and/or other IoT embedded devices
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time embedded software development experience with C, C++
- Proven ability in product management or technical marketing roles
- Successful record of working and engaging with top-performing engineering talent
- Strong verbal, written, project management, and people skills as well as strong customer service orientation are required
- Ability to successfully engage with automotive and general embedded customers at an engineering and business level.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40