BlackBerry QNX – Senior Technical PM (Engineering)
City : Ottawa
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
Position can be based out of Ottawa (Kanata) or Mississauga
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks, and development tools, and provides premier support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems.
Think embedded, think QNX!
BlackBerry QNX provides time-tested and trusted embedded software, including our deterministic micro-kernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware, and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by more than 68% of the Electric Vehicle market by volume, 23 of the top 25 EV manufacturers, and is running in more than 195 million vehicles globally. Our products have been pre-certified to ISO 26262 ASIL D, and we offer a broad range of board support packages, professional services, AUTOSAR adaptive support and middleware solutions – from acoustic management to digital cockpits to advanced driving assistance (ADAS) - to accelerate development and help OEMs meet Start of Production (SOP) dates.
Are you the person we are looking for?
Our Core Engineering team is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager (TPM) with recent experience in cross-functional project management and software development, particularly as it pertains to product and release management, ideally in the Embedded and RTOS Market. The successful candidate will plan, direct, manage, and coordinate the delivery and implementation of major or complex projects within approved cost, schedule and resource limitations while ensuring total customer satisfaction.
- Works with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven flexibility and adaptability in management style is a requirement.
- Plans and ensures optimum use of shared resources; administers and monitors use against budget.
- Coordinates the compilation of required project records including plans, contracts, requirements & design documents, test plans & reports, and other technical data.
- Develops detailed schedules for major or complex projects, detailing all activities required for successful completion.
- Accountable for identification and mitigation of risk factors to drive successful completion of major or complex projects.
- Arranges the distribution of work packages to the responsible function within the company and/or external contractors ensuring awareness of and commitment to project requirements.
- Monitors progress throughout the project cycle, ensuring cost and time constraints are met and acting to ensure problem resolution, as necessary.
- Interfaces cross-functionally within engineering with software developers, testers, documentation experts, functional safety managers, quality management, product management and others to drive the project.
- Interfaces with cross-department stakeholders including Finance, Marketing and Sales.
- May interface externally with customers and contractors in the context of a project.
- Proposes improvements to processes.
Required Skill and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 7 - 10 years experience in technical program/project management, ideally in the Embedded and RTOS Market.
- Skills in project planning and management, decision making, critical thinking, problem solving.
- Skills in effective leadership, innovation, analysis and communications.
- Experience with software implementation project management, planning and deployments in an AGILE or iterative environment.
- Experience with managing multiple concurrent projects with different time frames.
- 2 - 3 years experience as a software developer with experience in C, C++, Java, or other equivalents, knowledge of UNIX-based operating systems, ideally in the Embedded and RTOS Market. Systems engineering experience is an asset.
- Experience managing commercial software projects in the Embedded and RTOS Market.
- Any direct experience with QNX.
- Direct experience with implementing a software development organizations’ compliance to 2 of the 7 following quality-related standards:
- ISO 9001
- IEC 61508
- IEC 62304
- ISO/IEC 15504 ASPICE
- ISO 15408 Common Criteria
- ISO 26262
- PMP certification would be an asset but is not required
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40