BlackBerry QNX Senior Systems Software Developer
City : Ottawa
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks and development tools, and provides specialised support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded experts. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic microkernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems. Future development approaches and system design paradigms demand a high degree of freedom and flexibility, exactly what cloud enablement promises.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by more than 68% of the Electric Vehicle market by volume, 24 of the top 25 EV manufacturers and is running in more than 215 million vehicles globally. Our foundation products have been pre-certified to ISO 26262 ASIL D, and we offer a broad range of board support packages, professional services, AUTOSAR adaptive support and middleware solutions – from acoustic management to digital cockpits to advanced driving assistance (ADAS) - to accelerate development and help OEMs meet Start of Production (SOP) dates
Are you the person we are looking for?
The BlackBerry QNX Sensor Framework team is building a framework to facilitate the development of applications that make use of cameras and other sensors such as LIDARs, radars and GPS/IMU. The framework is used in the development of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and other use cases such as medical and general embedded. We need smart embedded software developers with an interest in working with advanced technology to help with the development of this framework.
- Develop new software and debug existing software written primarily in C and C++.
- Add support for new cameras, sensors or hardware platforms (SOCs) to the framework.
- Add support for new features and APIs in the framework.
- Create new demo applications and algorithms for the framework.
- Support customers of the framework with custom solutions
- Work with multimedia team to integrate video codecs (encode/decode)
- Port open-source software of interest to customers to QNX
Experience & Education
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development
- Experience in embedded software development in C/C++ for multi-threaded applications
- Real-time embedded operating system experience is highly desirable
- Device driver experience on any platform is highly desirable (DMA, interrupts, memory mapping, etc)
- Excellent communication skills
- Self motivated
- Personal time projects in software
- Hands-on experience with Android or Linux
- Technical understanding of multimedia frameworks, codecs, container and streaming formats
- Technical understanding of image processing and/or computer vision (OpenCV, neural networks etc)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40