BlackBerry QNX – Senior Multi Media Developer
City : Ottawa
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks and development tools, and provides expert support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded experts. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic microkernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
We are looking for a Multimedia Developer to develop multimedia software technologies, capabilities and solutions that meet the needs of automotive and consumer markets. We are looking for people who love technology and have a strong interest in what they do.
- Work directly with customers to understand their requirements and provide solutions.
- Develop new software written primarily in C
- Integrate silicon provider codecs into QNX multimedia framework for audio and video decode/encode.
- Integrate multimedia into other key technologies (QT, Android, 3rd party applications, etc).
- Experience with Linux and/or Android is a big asset
- Technical understanding of multimedia frameworks, codecs, containers and streaming formats, is a big asset.
- Experience with streaming protocols, like RTP, HLS, DASH is a big asset
- Junior 1- 3 years’ experience. Intermediate 3-5 years’ experience. Senior 5+ years of experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self motivated.
- Personal time projects in software considered an asset
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40