BlackBerry QNX – a Configuration Management (CM) Analyst
City : Ottawa
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks and development tools, and provides expert support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded experts. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic micro-kernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by more than 68% of the Electric Vehicle market by volume, 23 of the top 25 EV manufacturers and is running in more than 195 million vehicles globally. Our foundation products have been pre-certified to ISO 26262 ASIL D, and we offer a broad range of board support packages, professional services, AUTOSAR adaptive support and middleware solutions – from acoustic management, to digital cockpits to advanced driving assistance (ADAS) - to accelerate development and help OEMs meet Start of Production (SOP) dates.
BlackBerry QNX is seeking a talented and motivated individual to serve as a Configuration Management (CM) Analyst.
As an expert in CM you will assist in the development of overall CM practices, drive improvements to the CM practices of various teams and development of improved CM tooling.
The CM Analyst will work closely with other teams such as product management, project management, build and test teams to ensure CM activities are performed smoothly.
Development activities involve the creation of new tools and the deployment of third-party CM tools. This includes writing tools to automate CM activities, developing new internal tools and integrations to facilitate CM requirements.
- Develop tools and automation to perform CM tasks efficiently
- Develop tooling to perform baseline activities across a range of tools and technologies.
- Coordinate CM activities in accordance with Automotive SPICE, ISO 26262:2018, IEC 61508, and IEEE 828. (E.g., baselining, branching, tagging, etc.)
- Provide support to development teams, senior management, and QA teams
- Control modifications and releases according to established CM strategy.
- Drive continuous improvement and champion Configuration Management excellence
The above describes essential responsibilities and activities that are typical for an incumbent in this job. This is not an exhaustive list of tasks performed. Depending on organizational requirements, other duties may be assigned.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Programming in Python, Perl, Bash, C/C++, Object-C
- Knowledge of common build infrastructure and source control (Jenkins, git, SVN, etc.)
- UNIX administration and strong software debugging skills
- Knowledge of operating system, and compiler concepts
- Proficiency and experience developing tools
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- High degree of motivation and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn about new technologies
- A love for automating tasks, improving efficiency, and demonstrating results
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40