Biomedical Engineering Technology Co-op
City : Vaughan
Category : Full-time Engineering
Industry : Facilities Services
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
Along with our BioMed Engineering Technology team, you will learn / assist to:
- Perform preventive maintenance / safety tests / calibration for various medical equipment and patient beds, as assigned.
- Repair and PM medical equipment.
- Learn how PM and CM completion targets work
- Assist in the ordering of parts and supplies.
- Learn on we follow up with the customer regarding the status of repairs/PMs.
- Learn how to document equipment PMs/CMs in equipment database.
- Maintain life support equipment as the highest priority and provide immediate response.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Be currently enrolled in a Biomedical Engineering Technology program within a recognized college
- Interest for medical equipment services in a hospital setting
- Excellent customer service
- Positive motivated and learning attitude
- Hard worker and taking initiative while paying attention to details
- Computer and network literacy
What Makes Sodexo Different:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater because we believe our everyday actions have a big impact. You belong in a company that allows you to act with purpose and thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- An award-winning employer for Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility, and much more. View Sodexo’s latest awards here
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests, and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
Instagram: Sodexo Canada (@sodexocanada)
Twitter: Sodexo Canada (@SodexoCanada)
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo Canada | Facebook