BIM / Revit Specialist
City : Montréal, QC
Category : T&I - Transportation Systems
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
MONTREAL - QUEBEC
WSP is currently seeking a BIM Modeller to join our Ports, Marine and Coastal Group, Reporting to the Operations Manager this position will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team to take innovative design solutions from proposals through to construction, for clients in a wide variety of civil/structural infrastructure projects in the areas of ports and harbors; coastal, environmental, and water resources; urban waterfronts and marinas; transportation highways, bridges, and rail.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
· Development and implementation of Autodesk’s Revit software as an office wide standard while coordinating and mentoring Revit based teams during the course of multiple projects.
· Assist in the research, development, documentation, communication and administration of BIM standards in coordination with other global WSP Offices. Promote practices to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
· Undertake short term assignment in WSP Netherlands to get oriented with WSP’s Global BIM procedures and processes.
· Coordinate processes that facilitate the interoperability of CAD, graphics and modeling tools
- Draft detailed drawings of structures and installations such as cargo terminals, marinas, wharfs, bulkhead walls, and coastal structures (beaches, revetments, breakwaters, and jetties)
- Create detailing/design of structural connections and components with concrete reinforcing and steel construction focus
· extract quantities from the 3D models, drawings and specifications for earthworks, dredging, reclamation etc. to compile a bill of quantities and assist in preparation of tender documents.
importing point clouds for generating as-built 3D models of existing structures which can then be used to model current grade elevations/profiles or the 3D seabed .
What you'll bring to WSP ...
· Post-Secondary education in a relevant field.
· Past experience implementing BIM in Engineering
· 5 to 10 years of experience, preferably in Ports, Maritime, Coastal, Civil and Infrastructure works
· Superior knowledge of Revit / BIM implementation for civil – infrastructure projects
· master of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit, and Grasshopper/Rhino
· Passion for BIM technologies with ability to promote these technologies and practices to increase user effectiveness.
· Customer Service oriented with commitment to working within a team environment and wider organization.
· ability to use or develop advanced Dynamo scripts and Python coding
· Strong, self-motivated work ethic with ability to be effective and timely while providing consistent follow up.
· Organized and methodical with a resourceful capacity for resolving challenges.
· Sound knowledge in structural engineering with good knowledge of reinforcement bar detailing is an asset
· Other skill sets that will be of interest include but not limited to GIS, ArcGIS, Map3D, Infraworks related experience and knowledge of open-source file formats for data exchange.