Bilingual Vendor Coordinator Weekend (87292043)
City : Montreal
Category : Full-time Administrative
Industry : Pharmaceuticals
Employer : Sodexo
Plan, coordinate and manage all third-party contractors on site for maintenance activities. This role would focus on overseeing in-unit preventative and corrective facilities maintenance initiatives and managing the associated documentation. The individual will work closely with management, vendors/subcontractors, in-unit personnel, clients and other functional teams to achieve measurable and sustainable results.
Position is full-time: 4 days x 10hrs OR 5 days x 8hrs a week COVERING WEEKENDS. Weekdays worked are flexible.
How you'll make an impact:
- Execute all work in strict respect of Health Safety and Environment (HSE) requirements.
- Responsible for the timely and cost-effective solicitation of bids and execution of maintenance activities within the facility consistent with regulatory guidelines, company policy and safety requirements.
- Analyze the work and the safety of the environment in which it will be performed, perform safety analyses, create and issue the necessary work permits.
- Instruct, guide and audit the vendors in their respect of the safety requirements during performance of their tasks.
- See the tasks through to completion, validate any reports or work orders and close out documentation. Create corrective work orders if applicable.
- Prioritize work, based on criticality and work with local stakeholders to determine daily facility needs.
- Performs day porter activities as required. This includes basic preventative maintenance inspections and minor correctives.
- Provide local oversite for third party service groups. Ensure these resources operate in a safe, environmentally compliant, and reliable manner.
- Work with management to review operating costs and identify cost reductions.
- Capable of analyzing technical problems and data are key to success.
- Generates and grasp new ideas, has sound judgement for their application and innovative in work execution.
- Perform any other duties assigned to them.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 2-3 years of facility operations / maintenance of technical spaces, maintenance planning, vendor management, or other pertinent experience.
- A college degree (technical preferred).
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing, forklifts, building systems, fire suppression alarm systems and/or electrical systems is an asset.
- Must be comfortable performing basic maintenance tasks and handy work.
- Experience using standard office software and the ability to learn new programs. Experience with SAP would be an asset.
- Effective communication skills with co-workers, customers, contractors, vendors and management.
- Bilingual French and English (highly desirable for Montreal Site).
- Experience in regulated industry is an important asset.
- Solid decision-making capability, results driven and with affinity for details
- Use a proactive approach to act on facility related issues and to deal with a variety of internal customers/contractors and adapt to changing business requirements
- Working in a GxP environment requires observance and compliance to client and industry specific GxP procedures. Quality Assurance and Safety are of paramount importance.
- Integrity, flexibility, drive and dependability along with high ethical standards.
- Must be capable of acting on facility related issues and dealing with a variety of internal customers and external vendors/ contractors.
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019
- Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes 2019
- Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs