Bilingual Service Desk Agent
City : Montreal
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Here on the Sun Life Service Desk we enable our clients to get on with their working day by helping fix their IT problems, from password resets, setting up software on laptops and mobile devices, to more perplexing IT issues.
What will you do?
- You will be the first line of support for Sun Life employees’ technical issues around the world, providing this support in English and French.
- You will work as part of an IT support team, proactively coming up with solutions.
- You’ll notice that the client wants to get back to work as soon as possible. Your job will be to facilitate this in the best way possible.
- On a call, you’ll decide the best way to help the client by listening carefully & asking the right questions to find out exactly what they need. When you can‘t fix it yourself, you may need to send the issue on to a specialized team, keeping your client informed of the next steps.
- After each call, you will log the details to help us track and learn from the calls we get to help improve our client’s experiences and help with maintaining and improving the Knowledge Base, in turn helping us to improve the service offered to our clients.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bilingualism French and English, written and spoken
- Availabilities 24/7
- Keen interest in computers and technology
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Familiarity with both PC and Mac Hardware and Software
- Good Customer Service Skills
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- 3 weeks vacation (15 days)
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet your needs and those of your family
- A common sense dress code, where you dictate how you dress based on your day
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
Sun Life is committed to the health and safety of all those in our workplaces and our communities. In accordance with Sun Life’s Vaccination Policy (Canada):
Employees permitted to work remotely are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend a Sun Life office, Financial Centre or offsite location where activity related to Sun Life business occurs.
Employees whose job duties require them to attend a Sun Life office, Financial Centre or offsite location for Sun Life business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective May 1st.
Employees whose regular workplace is a Financial Centre and SLFD field leaders must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or participate in Sun Life’s Rapid Screening Program to attend a Financial Centre or an offsite event.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:38,900/38 900 - 63,500/63 500
Job Category:IT - Technology Services
Posting End Date:03/06/2022