Bilingual Senior Analyst , Payroll
City : Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category : Full time
Industry : Payroll
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
What you will do:
- Accurate and timely administration of payroll.
- Monitor accurate and timely completion of audit reports.
- Audit payroll records to ensure compliance with legislation, Federal, State, Provincial wage and hour laws, payroll taxes, etc.
- Continuously monitor, recommend and implement process improvement initiatives to increases effectiveness and productivity of department.
- Take a lead role in ensuring that department objectives and initiatives are completed.
- Act as team lead in relation to answering inquiries, and giving direction to team members on processes and policies.
- Research and respond to inquiries in regards to payroll related information, such as tax withholding, wages and deductions.
- Various other duties as required.
What you’ll need:
- Bilingual (French/English)
- Completion of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner or Certified Payroll Manager certification or 5 years relevant work experience required.
- Knowledge of all relevant Canadian legislation governing payroll calculation and reporting.
- Experience with union and non-union environments.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor colleagues to meet department goals and objectives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines while working in fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to offer creative, constructive solutions.
- Proven focus on providing a consistently high level of customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to change in a positive manner.
- Professional demeanor and attitude (business attire, internal communication, positive outlook, etc.).
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel spreadsheets, Word documents and Outlook email.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.