Bilingual Nurse Clinical Manager, Quebec
City : Saint-Laurent, Quebec
Category : Full time
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:400 av Sainte-Croix, Saint-Laurent, Quebec, H4N 3L4
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Bilingual Nurse Clinical Manager – Quebec
COVID-19 is a serious condition and has had a devastating impact on Canadians and others across the globe. As a leading Health and Wellness provider for millions of Canadians, our goal is to help all Canadians "Live Life Well".
In support of this goal, we have adopted a Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to protect the health and well-being of our employees and vulnerable patient population. This Policy applies to all Colleagues of Shoppers Drug Mart Specialty Health Network who are in direct contact with patients, or who are required as part of their job description to visit physicians’ offices or medical clinics. As this applies to all of our Nurse Field Case Managers and their respective leadership, they are all required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof by uploading their vaccination receipt for file.
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
The Bilingual Nurse Clinical Manager is responsible for the management of all clinical functions within their territory to ensure consistent, efficient delivery of services throughout the healthcare continuum. To be successful in this role the successful candidate must build collaborative relationships at all levels within the organization. The result creates compliance with the clinical service model, ensures positive outcomes for patients and KPI achievement.
Nature and Scope
Provide leadership to a team of staff providing coordination of care, case management and clinic/field -based nursing care. As the key clinical liaison for programs and services, the Bilingual Nurse Clinical Manager will foster strong partnerships with internal and external clients, provide business insights and develop and implement strategic goals to grow the business. In this role you will be accountable to ensure clinical standards are adhered to, processes and policies are followed, key client performance indicators are achieved, and that patient care is at the forefront of all interactions.
What you will do:
· Develop programs and protocols enhancing clinical effectiveness of nursing and clinical staff
· Provide strong leadership and direction to ensure clinical objectives are accomplished; responsible for the continuous, effective operations of all clinical staff directly reporting to position
· Collaborates with the Senior Director of Clinical Services and the Senior Manager, Clinical to improve quality of care, strengthen the financial performance of the group; and to improve patient, physician and employee satisfaction
· Continually monitor, evaluate and refine services to maximize cost effectiveness of service delivery model to ensure best practice patient care and program delivery
· Strong collaborator with a proven ability to work cross functionally across SHN teams, within the clinical team and as a key member of the management team
· Monitor Key performance indicators related, but not limited, to: caseloads and special assignments
· Represent the Clinical Department as a subject matter expert in business development opportunities
· Ensure effective use of resources, anticipate and lead change initiatives to strengthen team and processes
· Participate in various projects, committees or task forces to improve SHN services and programs
· Identify, develop and implement processes, metrics and ROPs to support and evaluate the delivery of patient services within the clinical areas
· Assist with the planning, implementation, and coordination of training for new programs, as well as maximize the effectiveness of each team member through further training opportunities as required
· Ensure alignment of staff depending on program needs of SHN
· Strong leadership skills and responsible for motivating, mentoring and coaching clinical team members
· Participate in departmental and organizational meetings
· Drive organizational core values, culture, engagement and team collaboration
· Participate in manufacture quarterly business reviews and operational meetings, providing strategic insights on each program
· Monitor computer system operations and communications to ensure ongoing access to end users
· Prepare detailed time and usage reports for use by management in assessing client service requirements
· Participate and support clinical quality priorities such as audits, quality monitoring, non-conformance and incident management
· Maintain knowledge of all company policies and procedures with high emphasis placed on ethical conduct and strict confidentiality of client information
· Assist with reconciliation, processing and payment of invoices from subcontracted clinical vendors
· Report all Adverse Event (AE) and Product Technical Complaints (PTC) immediately or as soon as possible upon becoming aware of the event as per current policies and procedures
What you will need
· BScN preferred, however, a combination of experience and education will be considered.
· 5 or more years of people management experience
· Demonstrated leadership experience
· Knowledge of Canadian and provincial health systems; knowledge of Specialty Pharmacy services
· Previous Patient Support Program experience an asset
· Current unrestricted professional nursing license in the province of work
· Possession of excellent skills in assessment, communication, critical thinking and decision making
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in computer use
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to demonstrate understanding of SDM Specialty Health Network policies, legal considerations and professional ethics
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and French
· Proven customer relationship and/or account management skills with direct client interaction
· Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment with multiple priorities
· Demonstrated commitment to the principle of quality client-centered service delivery and implementation of CQI processes
· Self-transportation - requires a valid driver’s license and insured automobile is a requirement
· Travel may be required
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.