Bilingual Mechanical Engineer
City : Montreal
Category : Other
Industry : Professional Services
Employer : BGIS
Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia. Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The mechanical engineer will be a member of the professional services team and provide value by increasing knowledgeable buyer capacity during the development of the building management plan as well as by supporting project delivery services during project initiation. The mechanical engineer will work on various projects within a versatile team where all abilities are put to good use.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems related to building systems including Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), building controls, plumbing and life safety systems.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team of facility management professionals and technicians to develop short and long-term capital planning for existing facilities.
- Support Project Delivery Services during project initiation and planning by reviewing material, cost and timing, estimates, reports and design specifications for building mechanical systems including Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), building controls, plumbing and life safety systems.
- Review statements of work for engineering consulting services.
- As required, review and provide feedback regarding investment analysis reports.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or College Diploma with 7+ years of relevant experience;
- Engineering and construction of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), building controls, plumbing and life safety systems.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards – such as ASME, API, ANSI, CSA, ASHRAE, Provincial and National Building Codes etc.;
- Strong knowledge of HVAC controls sequence of operations considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in fast paced environment.
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Able to monitor costs, including control of project schedules;
- Proficient with MS Office suite;
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, and other employees;
- Strong organization skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills;
- Prior customer interface experience;
- Highly meticulous nature, strong attention to detail;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both official languages preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of the engineering environment in mechanical sector;
- Proficiency with computer Tools.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- LEED certified and/or knowledge of sustainable development and energy efficiency principles is an asset ;
- PEng designation in good standing
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!