Bilingual (French) Fraud Detection Analyst
City : North York, ON, CA
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 124781
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
When you join Scotiabank, you’re part of an internationally recognized, award-winning workplace!
Within Global Operations, you’ll be contributing to a high-performing culture focused on servicing our customers. Our emphasis is on building the teams’ expertise and maintaining a solid risk management culture, while improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations. You will be part of a team that ensures a corporate culture built around high performance and continuous improvement, recognition and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and the core values of respect, integrity, passion and accountability.
Within the Fraud department, we enable the bank’s strategy by safeguarding our customers and the bank through best-in-class fraud management, customer, and employee experiences.
We are hiring for a number of positions within the Fraud department at our North York office. The office is located at 90 Wynford Drive; it's TTC accessible and has free parking for employees.
Fraud Detection Analyst - full-time and part-time opportunities available
Hours of Operation: 24/7, 365
What will your role be?
- Detect and prevent fraudulent activity with respect to credit cards, debit cards, and online accounts by:
- Analyzing alerts by using various fraud detection tools
- Making a decision, based on your analysis, on the most appropriate course of action
- Contacting customers to discuss suspicious activity
Shift: The shift will be determined and communicated during the interview process. We are committed to providing our employees with a balanced working environment, and your work schedule will be fixed, once assigned; not subject to rotation.
Training: There will be mandatory full-time training for the first 4 weeks of the position for both part-time and full-time roles (Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm).
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have strong communication skills in French and English
- You are flexible to work during the hours of operation
- You are able to apply your strong analytical skills to make effective decisions
- You are an active listener, demonstrate empathy to customers, and enjoy building relationships with customers to gain their loyalty
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- You are tech savvy and can navigate between multiple Windows-based application systems
Why join Scotiabank?
- We value our employees and are fully invested in professional development
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package
- We recognize, reward, and encourage high-performance
- Our North York office is bright and modern, is TTC accessible and has free parking for employees
- We prioritize diversity and inclusion and value every voice
Take the first step in joining our Fraud Team in North York, Ontario. If you are interested in any or all of the above positions, Say Hello and Apply today!
Mandatory Training: Must be available between 8:00am – 4:00pm EST for up to 6 (six) weeks of full-time training. There will be an opportunity (voluntary) to attend part of this training virtually from home pending technology and hardware set up. In person training may reflect timings of shift assignments.
Work Schedules & Shifts: We are seeking flexibility from candidates, as work schedules can be anytime within our hours of operation (24/7). Permanent, ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees approximately 4 weeks after hiring.
Work From Home/Hybrid: You’ll be offered the possibility to join our hybrid work model after 3 months of employment (splitting time between working from the office, location above, and from home) if you meet a variety of criteria, which includes but not limited to private workspace, internet bandwidth, tenure, completion of mandatory learning, and performance. Working 100% on-site is also a possibility for employees.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.