Bilingual Fraud Detection Analyst (1-year contract) Future Class – Tangerine
City : Moncton, ON, CA
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 183417
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada’s leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is, and we continue to evolve to tackle any opportunity and face every challenge through progressive technology and the power of collaboration.
Do you like new challenges? Are you ready to reach new heights in your career and become part of an established disruptor? If so, come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
The Fraud department is a centralized unit dedicated to the detection and prevention of fraud while ensuring an excellent customer experience. The Loss Prevention function operates on a 24/7 inbound and outbound environment. As front line Detection Analyst, you will play a critical role in delivering an excellent customer experience whilst protecting customer assets. You will be instrumental in enhancing and protecting customer relationships through account monitoring and transaction verification. The Fraud Detection Analyst will report directly to the Team Lead, Fraud Operations.
• Detect, prevent and monitor fraudulent activity with respect to the Bank’s day-to-day banking products by:
o Analyzing alerts generated by various fraud detection tools and assessing the probability that
fraud is occurring.
o Making decisions, based on the analysis completed, to block the account or reduce the limit on
the card or to contact the cardholder to discuss the activity.
o Create detailed fraud claims cases and dispute cases for review and work by the Senior Fraud
o Working closely and effectively with the rest of the Fraud Detection Analysts in sharing
information and trends to ensure large scale fraud trends are identified and actioned quickly.
o Working effectively with the team to identify the potential points of compromise to minimize risk
to the Bank and our customers
o Escalating new/emerging fraud trends to management so that new fraud strategies can be
o Reviewing fraud caught and missed daily to ensure continuous improvement in fraud detection
o Maintaining knowledge and understanding of all procedures, products & services related to role
• Achieve and maintain required service level standards by:
o Operating at optimal efficiency to ensure individual and departmental productivity goals are
o Responding to incoming telephone and written inquiries from customers as required
o Communicating with other Bank departments to resolve inquiries relative to fraud issues and/or
o Strictly adhering to schedules thereby ensuring prompt customer service and response time.
o Follow customer problem resolution process to take ownership of customer concern and
resolving customer issues at first point of contact.
o Accurately completing fraud reports with all required information to facilitate the expeditious
adjudication of fraud file
• Minimize Fraud risk and losses by adhering to Tangerine’s policy, procedures and key controls;
• Prioritize and process customer requests (i.e. inquiries, transactions, case work) in a timely manner
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities
• and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with
• Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy,
• adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to
• operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Location(s): Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.