Bilingual (English&French) Customer Care Advisor – Halifax, NS
City : Halifax, NS, CA
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184754
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
When you join our Customer Contact Centre, you’re joining an internationally recognized, award-winning workplace that has been 186 years in the making, and poised to deliver superior customer care in the future! You’re positioning yourself to build a career with a respected financial institution that is Canada’s most international bank. You’re ready to enjoy and support a corporate culture built around recognition and rewards, diversity and inclusion, and the core values of respect, integrity, passion and accountability.
Your opportunities for professional growth will be supported by banking leaders focused on long-term success. You’ll apply the skills gained from these mentors when you work on Bank initiatives that make a difference in our communities and with customers across the country. From day one on the job, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive suite of customizable benefits, including an Incentive Plan, Pension, Employee Share Ownership and Group RSPs, as well as free employee banking, wellness programs, and employee discount programs.
Career, culture, progression. You’ll find it all here. Apply today.
Looking for a hybrid role? We have the job for you! We want you to join our team and have the ability to work the way you want! Hybrid means we are flexible on where you work during the week. You will be required to come into the office for a minimum amount of time and certain requirements will need to be in place – read more to find out.
Our Customer Contact Centre team is the "heart of our operation.” Our Customer Care Advisors are experts at identifying need and providing customized banking solutions and memorable experiences for our customers.
Is This Role Right for You? In this role, you will:
Be a trusted advisor for our Canadian Banking customers -- ensuring each customer receives a uniquely personal and memorable customer experience
Participate in a high volume of inbound, telephone-based interactions with our Canadian Banking customers responding to any concerns or inquiries relating to their day-to-day banking
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- A passion for creating a uniquely personal and memorable customer experience
- Prior experience in customer-focused roles -- requiring you to ask the discovery questions, to analyze customer need and provide solutions-based advice
- The ability to multitask between numerous internal platforms while continuing meaningful conversations with our customers
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- A self-directed, performance-oriented approach
- A natural curiosity positioning you to identify opportunities to maximize the customer experience
- Strong keyboarding navigation skills and a typing speed of 20+ wpm
- A high school diploma (or a recognized equivalent)
This position is seeking candidates who are bilingual and demonstrate fluency in both, English and French. Please clearly identify in your application if you meet this requirement.
What’s in it for you?
- When you join our team, you position yourself to build a career with a respected financial institution and Canada’s most international bank
- Opportunities for professional growth supported by leaders who understand that developing our talent is key to our ongoing success
- A corporate culture built upon core values of respect, integrity, passion and accountability
- A diverse and inclusive workplace
- A balanced working environment where you will have a fixed work schedule that is not subject to rotation
- 9 weeks of paid initial training as well as regular coaching and professional development opportunities that will enable you to succeed in your current role while preparing you for future opportunities
- A total rewards package featuring a competitive salary, Incentive, Pension and Company Stock Purchase programs
- Staff banking benefits
- A comprehensive suite of customizable benefits -- a core medical and insurance plan provided by the Bank, options for Health Care Spending and Wellbeing Accounts along with $2000 of benefits credits you can use to design the benefit package to meet your needs!
- 16 days of paid vacation annually
- Career, culture, progression -- You’ll find it all here!
Best Workplaces in Canada 2023
Top Companies in Canada LinkedIn 2023
Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2023
World's Best Workplaces 2022
Hiring & Training Details
- Hire Date: November 07
- Location: Scotia Square Mall, 5201 Duke Street, Halifax, NS
- Position Status: Full -Time, Permanent
- Training Dates: TBD
- Training Schedule: TBD
*Regular work schedules will be finalized with new employees approximately 4 weeks before the end of training. We are seeking flexibility from candidates, as work schedules can be anytime within our hours of operation (Monday to Friday - 7 am – 1 am, Saturday-Sunday - 8:30 am - 1 am AST).
- Must be available for 9 weeks of full time, on site training
- In person training may reflect timings of shift assignments
Work Schedules & Shifts:
- We are seeking flexibility from candidates, as work schedules can be anytime within our hours of operation (24/7)
- Regular, ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees approximately 4 weeks before the end of training
Work From Home/Hybrid:
- If you meet a variety of criteria, which includes but not limited to private workspace & completion of mandatory learnings - you will be offered the possibility to complete training in a hybrid work model. Working on-site is also a possibility for employees.
Once you apply, we will review your application. If selected to move forward you will receive an email from the Recruiter inviting you to complete a video interview.
The Canadian Contact Centre is not a participant in the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program and will not be providing sponsorship.
Location(s): Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford || Canada : Nova Scotia : Cole Harbour || Canada : Nova Scotia : Dartmouth || Canada : Nova Scotia : Lower Sackville
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.