Bilingual (English/French) Customer Care Advisor – Toronto, ON – April
City : North York, ON, CA
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 193174
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Looking for a hybrid role? We have the job for you! We want you to join our team and have the ability to work the way you want! Hybrid means we are flexible on where you work during the week. You will be required to come into the office for a minimum amount of time and certain requirements will need to be in place – read more to find out.
Who we are:
The Scotiabank Customer Contact Centre team is at the heart of our operations. Our Canadian Banking Contact Centres (CBCCs) are based out of six locations in Canada, Mexico, Colombia, and Dominican Republic.
Our key guiding purpose, For every future, articulates why we do what we do. Our all-inclusive culture empowers our employees to make decisions that are best suited for their careers.
Together, we make a difference by harnessing the limitless potential that diversity offers.
At CBCC, you’ll have the opportunity to build a unique career with an inclusive, award-winning workplace that delivers superior customer experiences. You’ll be part of a team that is leading the future of banking.
From day one on the job, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive suite of customizable benefits, including an Incentive Plan, Pension, Employee Share Ownership and Group RSPs, as well as employee banking privileges, wellness programs, and employee discount programs
What You Will Be Doing:
- You’ll use the knowledge of our products and services to lead interactions with our Canadian Banking customers to offer them valuable advice.
- Take Inbound phone calls, from our customer and branches, to provide useful information and ensure customers are satisfied with our products and services.
- Excel at identifying customer banking needs, providing customized solutions by using accessible resources, navigating through multiple systems.
- Respond to complaints and walking customers through basic troubleshooting or set up processes.
Skills and traits –What you bring and what you will learn:
- You’re passionate about customer service and have experience in customer-focused roles
- Your self-directed, performance-oriented approach will allow you to resolve immediate customer enquiries, while your natural curiosity and focus on improving things will lead you to identify new opportunities to maximize the customer experience.
- You know your way around a computer and can easily multitask between numerous internal platforms, while dealing directly with your customers.
- You have a high school diploma (or a recognized equivalent)
- You’re comfortable connecting with customers over the telephone to make the customer experience uniquely personal and champion the Scotiabank brand.
- • You are fully bilingual in French and English
Perks you can look forward to:
- From day one of your new career, you will enjoy:
- Employee banking fees privileges
- Pre-assigned allotted personal days to help with personal and cultural commitments
- An extensive suite of customizable benefits
- Opportunities for long term savings (employee share program, RRSPs, pension)
- Access to thousands of internal learning courses
- Global Tuition Program
- Best Workplaces in Canada 2023
- Top Companies in Canada LinkedIn 2023
- Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2023
- World's Best Workplaces 2022
Hiring & Training Details:
- Our Customer Contact Centre is located at 888 Birchmount, Scarborough, ON. M1K 5L1
- Position Start Date: April 2, 2024
- Position Status: Full-time (37.5 hours)
Training & Work Shift Details:
Must be available to attend training for a total for 9 weeks. There will be an opportunity to attend part of this training virtually from home pending technology and hardware set up. In person training may reflect timings of shift assignments.
Work Schedules & Shifts:
We are seeking flexibility from candidates, as work schedules can be anytime within our hours of operation (24/7). Currently, we are seeking candidates available to work for shifts between the hours of 9am to 12am with potential shift start times every hour from 9am to 4pm (EST) plus weekend availability Regular, ongoing work schedules will be finalized with new employees approximately 4 weeks before the end of training.
Work From Home/Hybrid:
If you meet a variety of criteria, which includes but not limited to private workspace & completion of mandatory learnings - you will be offered the possibility to complete training in a hybrid work model. Working on-site is also a possibility for employees.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.