Requisition ID: 51321
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Inbound Disputes team in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.The Dispute Officer, Inbound Disputes answers inbound calls for disputes-related enquiries. The incumbent is required to review transaction activity with customers and obtain all necessary details in order to successfully create a dispute. The incumbent has direct contact with both internal and external customers of the Bank.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide customers with excellent service levels within the parameters of the department environment by effectively managing the workload and staying actively available to receive customer requests by:
- Responding to incoming telephone and written inquiries from customers, branches and other Bank departments to resolve inquiries relative to dispute cases.
- Creating and completing online disputes process, ensuring all cases are completed accurately and all action taken is accurate and appropriate, thus preventing losses to the Bank/ poor customer experience
- Handling transferred calls from Contact Centers when cardholders are reporting disputed transactions
- Achieve and maintain required service level standards by:
- Operating at optimal efficiency of the department by ensuring productivity goals are attained;
- Minimizing financial/operational risk/fraudulent and losses by adhering to Scotiabank's policy, procedures and key controls;
- Adhering to all company/department policies, procedures and audit requirements;
- Prioritizing and processing customer requests (i.e. inquiries, transactions, case work) in a timely and efficient manner; and
- Strictly adhering to schedules thereby ensuring prompt customer service and response time.
- Participate actively in team activities/initiatives and taking responsibility for self-learning and development. Participate actively and contribute to overall team objectives by:
- Learning and embracing new procedures, technologies, and processes;
- Participating in and supporting change initiatives for the team and the department;
- Contributing to effective team morale and employee relations through positive interaction with team members and participating in the Applause program; and
- Taking ownership of his/her development plan, working with the manager in the identification of skills, behaviours and competencies required to achieve goals.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- The role operates independently on a daily basis on issues
- The role receives general guidance and support from the Senior Dispute Officer and Coach, Inbound Disputes as well as Coach, Inbound Fraud on issues that require escalations
- The complexity of the calls that the Dispute Officer receives vary in nature as calls are received from all types of customers – from those with lesser or indeterminate value and little complexity to those with higher value and complexity
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Customer service experience; demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service
- A great deal of tact, diplomacy and empathy are required in dealing with and defusing situations/customers
- Ability to confidently take on high workload and call volume, while prioritizing and multitasking
- Utilization of active listening skills and appropriate acknowledgment statements
- Capability to build customer loyalty through listening, relationship building, and professional and persuasive communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven interpersonal, communication and problem resolution skills
- Ability to navigate between multiple Windows-based application systems
- Good analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Fluency in both English and French language skills is required
- Previous Retail Banking and / or Advice/Call Centre experience is an asset
- Post-secondary education in business or other related disciplines is in an asset
Hours of operation (Monday to Friday 7:30AM - 11:00PM; Saturday 10:00AM - 8:00PM; Sunday 10:00AM - 6:00pm).
Flexibility in availibility is required
Please note this is a bilingual position - Fluency in English and French language is mandatory
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.