Bilingual Disability Claims Analyst
City : MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As a Bilingual Disability Claims Analyst you will be responsible for examining extended duration disability files, applying appropriate risk management strategies, which will impact the company’s financial results, reputation, regulatory risks and client relationships. You will assist in the development of strategies to identify best potential for return-to-work and settlement, and re-approve claims YOY which continue to meet the definition of disability.
What will you do?
• Responsible for the examination of disability claims utilizing a multidisciplinary claim management model to:
- Ensure objective, fair and thorough claim adjudication
- Comply with practices and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Provide the highest level of customer service and manage reputational risk
- Develop and implement claims management on an assigned caseload of 400-500 files
- Meet KPI’s on all levels in order to maintain service standards within the team
• Given the very sensitive nature of the information gathered in the adjudication process, extreme care must be exercised in the handling of a claim in order to guard against any breach of confidentiality
• Assess, research and analyze numerous disability contracts. Document the appropriate next steps while effectively applying the adjudication process. Professionally communicate outcomes to our clients.
• Read, validate and interpret financial statements and tax returns and apply to the decision-making process.
• Creatively manage relationships with claimants
What will you need to be successful?
• Proven ability to multi-task and balance multiple goals and priorities
• Ability to recognize and communicate trends and indicators
• Ability to think outside the box to propose solutions
• Strong ability to articulate a position both verbally and in written communication
• Proven ability to be flexible and adapt to changing business needs
• Must be fluently bilingual in both French and English, written and spoken to be considered for this position
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• Opportunities to do challenging work and to take on progressively greater accountabilities
• Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.