Bilingual Corporate Development Manager
City : Montreal
Category : Other
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Overview of the opportunity
The Corporate Development Office (CDO) has been created to implement the Canadian Firm’s growth plans, aligned with our strategic milestone to be the Clear Choice. The CDO will provide a flexible, innovative and integrated approach to growth that goes beyond standard mergers and acquisitions with a mandate that is aimed at accelerating firm growth through a combination of alliances, acquisitions and acquiring talent.
The Manager, Corporate Development leads the evaluation and execution of acquisitions. You will work with the Business Sponsor (Partner) and other internal stakeholder groups (Risk Management, Finance, Legal, Local Leadership) to evaluate and execute on acquisitions. We’re looking for a self-starter who has an interest in mergers and acquisitions and capital markets and will bring this experience to deliver transactions for KPMG Canada.
What you will do
- Conduct market and industry research, detailed financial analysis and business valuations.
- Assess or draft pitch books, teasers, confidential information memorandums (CIM) and other Merger & Acquisition documentation.
- Prepare and review financial models.
- Assume responsibility for the day-to-day execution and delivery of service on a range of corporate development projects.
- Support the internal integration team with monitor acquisition integration to ensure the successful integration of talent and resources and a good return on the Firm’s investment.
- Assess the business environment and key drivers specific to the company and its sector.
- Lead proactive business development and deal initiation activities.
- Assist in the identification of potential acquisition targets, purchasers and/or investors.
At times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, employees need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role
- 3 - 5 years of relevant post-graduate experience in Corporate Development, Investment Banking or Private Equity
- Experience in M&A transactions along with valuation skills and knowledge of valuation techniques
- Knowledge of ERP systems and market
- MBA, CPA, or CFA considered an asset
- Proven track record of project initiation/execution in a fast-paced professional setting
“This position requires written and oral fluency in English because it involves interpretation and application of English standards, guidance, laws and regulations, servicing of English-speaking clients located across Canada and collaboration with English Speaking colleagues located outside of Quebec.”
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.