Bilingual Coordinator – Community Services
City : CAN - ON - Timmins & District Branch
Category : CHW-Home Support Services
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Bilingual Coordinator - Community Services
Employee Working Location: In-office, Timmins (ON)
Employment status: Permanent, full-time
Salary band: from $42,889 to $53,611/year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 - is seeking a Bilingual Community Coordinator to join our Community Services team in Timmins, Ontario.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
In collaboration with the Senior Manager, the Bilingual Coordinator-Community services will provide administrative, secretarial and clerical assistance with the development, coordination and re-alignment of the new Red Cross program to offer affordable transportation services to vulnerable members of the community.
In this role, you will:
- Enter relevant client information (both live and recorded) into the Client Information Management System (CIMS) and verify the integrity of data and making corrections as necessary.
- Provide client transportation service coordination, including developing, distributing client/volunteer service schedules and informing client/volunteer changes to schedule.
- Integrate volunteer resources and assist with the volunteer recruitment process, within the Region (development, production and distribution of materials).
- Maintain records/files and statistics and daily operations client account payments, course payments and donations, logging cheques, issuing receipts, balancing daily cash log.
- Respond to inquiries regarding programs and services offered by the Red Cross providing information and assistance.
- Log all requests for service calls and producing statistical reports as required and direct callers to other community agencies or information sources where appropriate.
- Manage fleet - across the District (therefore must be able to travel throughout the District if required).
- Perform other duties as required (mail, inventory, system and database maintenance, update of documents, coordination meetings and volunteers, assist with evaluation and marketing of current Red Cross services and initiatives, etc.
What we are looking for:
- One to two years of post-secondary education in office administration and between one to three years job-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office software applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, and MS Outlook).
- Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity and approachability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- This position is located in Timmins, Ontario, and the job will be performed in-person from the Canadian Red Cross office.
- This is a full-time, permanent position
- Hours of service are based on 35-hour work weeks, Monday to Friday
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, and First Aid certification (training provided).
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.