Bilingual Associate Director, Client Management
City : MONTRÉAL, Quebec, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
The Associate Director of Client Service leads the client engagement in all day-to-day service aspects, in collaboration with the Line Operations Leads and Client Partners Leads & Managers, for Clients at RBC Investor Services (IS). The role oversees and manages the defined RBC operating model and SLA / Operating Memorandum for the products and services that our clients purchase from RBC IS. The Associate Director engages directly with a client’s day to day Operations contacts and is accountable for the day-to-day client experience and satisfaction with RBC IS - ensuring that what we deliver against our daily commitments and how we deliver it aligns with or exceeds their expectations. The Associate Director provides leadership and direction to a team of client service managers and representatives accountable for providing day-to-day client satisfaction.
The role brings significant industry knowledge, technical expertise across the IS Product set and a deep working knowledge of all client activities and touch points across both organizations (client and RBC). They also have accountability for dealing with all day-to-day Client interactions, Client and line operations escalations and are the primary touch point/escalation point for all day-to-day activity and issues.
They will conduct analysis and issue tracking to enhance service delivery and are the primary face to the client in this regard. The role works alongside Line Operations Management and Client Management. Client Partners remains accountable for growing our strategic relationships and all sales enquiries/opportunities must be passed to Client Partners for review and execution. Client Partners are accountable for all client change activity, senior Client reviews (e.g. Quarterly Service reviews), client journey mapping, benchmarking of models across the industry and setting BAU priorities for the longer term horizon – Service Delivery will also provide support in this agenda as required.
What will you do?
- Works directly with operational production groups across IS Line Operation (and TMS Operations) to assure adherence to SLA / Ops Memorandum and that IS execute the agreed operating model for RBC Clients - Managing through MIS/KPI as necessary
- Lead a team responsible for Owns day to day Client support and Client experience, fosters and implements simplification to the operating model with support from Client Partners (including improved efficiency and automation of client processes). This will include playing a leadership role in the governance model that supports our client base (Service Reviews, Due Diligence, Audit support).
- Accountable for governance of service support model outside of regular formal service reviews and strategic meetings including agenda setting for issue log and reviews and the tracking of and completion of minutes and actions agreed as part of such day-to-day service forums
- Is accountable for identifying, recording, tracking and closing all formal client complaints in line with the agreed RBC IS Complaints policy. Accountable for Client communication in this regard. Leverages Client Experience contact for any sensitive or material client complaint.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5-10 years of work experience within the Asset Servicing or Asset Management space
- Leadership capabilities including virtual management and workforce planning
- Strong risk management expertise (identification and mitigation)
- Leading and implementing client focused operating models
- Requires fluency in French and English to serve our clients in the community with English speaking needs
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent exposure to communicate with various business partners and stakeholders in Investor Services and within other platforms as appropriate
- Opportunity to obtain hands-on experience throughout your role
- Working with an exciting, close-knit, supportive & dynamic group
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Job SkillsActive Learning, Adaptability, Communication, Customer Service, Decision Making, Interpersonal Relationship Management, Operational Delivery, Product Services, Strategic Thinking, Time Management
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.