BI Developer – Qlikview
City : Calgary, AB, CA, T2C 4X9
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
- Req ID: 100150
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 01/02/2023
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This Specialist, Business Intelligence Developer will participate in developing business intelligence solutions that collect, analyze, and present information to the business, and subsequently develop the solution in Qlikview and Qlik Sense to address the business requirements.
- Assess system operations and implement Reporting solutions to optimize performance;
- Responsible for defining and documenting business requirements;
- Develop functional and technical specifications to meet business requirements;
- Perform development to provide reporting solutions addressing specific business needs;
- Responsible for root cause analysis on production issues;
- Responsible for the implementation of solutions to resolve production defects;
- Assess business requirements & processes and provide recommendations on optimal solutions that will best serve the business needs;
- Provide end user support and training.
- Support Reporting applications on 7/24 basis based on on-call roaster.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent Business Intelligence technical experience;
- Knowledge of the Railway business is preferable but not mandatory;
- 6-8 years of hands on experience in Reporting tools with at least 3 end to end implementations
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ Hands-on Experience with a Dashboard Tool like Qlikview or Qlik Sense
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ of hand-on experience in SQL.
- Strong experience in understanding of business users expectations;
- Experienced in creating technical design documents from the functional specification documents;
- Capability to provide high level and detail estimates;
- Proven track record in designing and delivering complex Reporting solutions for large organizations;
- Team player, skilled in working in a highly collaborative manner.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Hybrid work environment
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").