City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Benefits Consultant - ( 230000GB )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works to support operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our Functional Services Teams (FSTs) include Corporate Development, Finance, HR, HSSE, IT, Legal, Marketing/Communications, Practice Services and Real Estate and Procurement. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for a Benefits Consultant to join our team! As part of the HR Talent Services team, the Benefits Consultant will provide support and guidance on Stantec’s health, wellness and retirement benefit programs to employees. This position works on projects pertaining to the processes, performance and initiatives of benefit programs. The Consultant will collaborate with other Benefits colleagues, relevant stakeholders and other HR partners to ensure employee notifications, understanding of programs and their value proposition in accordance with the overall benefits strategy.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Possess a general knowledge base on North American benefit offerings such as health and dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, employee assistance, retirement programs and other voluntary programs.
- Assists in developing and maintaining processes and policies documentation, as required.
- Understands potential impacts of benefits related decisions and initiatives to the benefits strategy.
- Uses knowledge of current regulations to assist with risk mitigation assessments. Apprises leadership of violations or potential risks and provides viable recommendations for expedient resolution and/or modification of benefits practices to minimize employee and/or business impact.
- Provides tier two support for benefits design or vendor issues.
- Applies predetermined criteria and performs analytics to evaluate effectiveness of annual and ongoing renewal processes and utilization; suggests revisions to reduce cost and increase efficiency.
- Captures and tracks data and formulates recommendations for future benefits renewal cycles. Ensures that benefits communications programs meet the compliance requirements of the DOL, IRS, etc.
- Maintains key contacts internally and externally. Provides training, tools, documentation and mentoring to Service Center colleagues.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned and required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong communication skills with a customer service focus.
- Experience specific to US and Canadian benefit programs and plan vendor administration is desirable.
- Knowledge of benefits contract language.
- Knowledge of benefits related Provincial, State and Federal laws, legislation, rules and regulations for North America required (including OAS, CHRC, CPP, CLC, PIPEDA, HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, FML/FMLA, USERRA, ADA, Section 125, worker's compensation, Medicare, Social Security, Employment Standards and DOL requirements).
- Experience with vendor and program management.
- Experience with research and data analysis.
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion.
- Applies effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
- Bilingual/Multilingual in French and/or Spanish is an asset.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Typical office environment (may be remote) working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Organization : BC-1197 Human Resources-Talent Services-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 17, 2023, 2:45:04 AM
Req ID: 230000GB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans