Benefits and Wellness Advisor
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
To compliment and build upon our Health and Wellness program we have an exciting full-time opportunity within the Benefits and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) team for Canada for a Benefits and Wellness Advisor. This client facing advisory position, reporting to the Benefits and Wellness Manager, interacts with Fluor benefit and wellness plan vendors, leadership, employees, HR disciplines and Fluor’s Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s). This position is responsible for building through strategy and ensuring a high value of services and program within benefits, retirement plans (GRRSP), wellness and HRIS systems.
The Benefits and Wellness Advisor works closely with the Benefits and Wellness Manager to review benefit and wellness offerings, keeps up to date on emerging trends, facilitates annual benefit enrollment, and ensures overall client satisfaction in all areas of benefits through key interaction and administrative function.
Manage the disability management program at Fluor Canada in alignment with Fluor’s disability management vendor;
• Meet with and provide employees with information around Fluor’s disability program;
• Meet with and provide managers with education and information around Fluor’s disability program including management training of how to handle employee disability;
• Coordinate with Fluor’s disability management vendor on disability cases;
• Work with Benefits technician on administrative actions related to disability case management.
Manage the administration of Fluor’s benefit’s programs including Extended Health and Dental and Group Retirement Savings Plan.
• Review, administer and maintain employee benefit information;
• Review and maintain benefit plans and contracts (health, disability, life and AD&D, RRSP etc.);
• Conduct benefits orientation to new hires;
• Audit and reconcile between internal systems and external providers to ensure consistency and accuracy, include reviewing weekly benefit adjustment reports, system error reports and reconciliations for all RRSPʼs and disability premium collections;
• Analyze and provide recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity;
• Prepare analytics and metrics on benefit claims, premiums, and trends for management;
• Answer client and employee benefit inquires, including investigating the source, explaining the solution, and following up on any related tasks that may be impacted;
• Evaluate priorities and execute multiple tasks accordingly in a changing environment while escalating concerns as necessary;
• Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and global standards;
• Manage, present and/or coordinate presentations, training sessions and initiatives;
• Facilitate monthly, quarterly and annual meetings with benefits vendors.
• Assist in understanding emerging benefit wellness trends (both Fluor and external data) to provide recommendation on internal wellness programs.
• Maintenance of employee data in the SAP system of record
• Future maintenance of employee data in SuccessFactor’s as Fluor moves to this system of record;
• Future assistance in regional implementation of SuccessFactor’s;
• Records related reporting as requested.