Battery Technician – hourly
City : Surrey, British Columbia
Category : Part time
Industry : Supply Chain & Distribution
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:2755 190 St, Surrey, British Columbia, V3S 3W6
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We’re looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform battery changes to Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained to guidelines/standards.
- Assist in understanding and establishing or improving preventive maintenance and overhaul schedules for all equipment and mechanical systems within the project.
- Perform preventive maintenance on site equipment
- Maintain a safe work attitude by continuously evaluating work place risks.
- Convey thoughts and recommendations orally and/or in writing to supervisors, contractors, and others in order to solve building-related problems.
- Assist with maintenance and operation programs/schedules for all equipment.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Must be able to work in varying facility conditions.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device
- Lift and carry objects of up to 50 pounds
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Employment Type:Part time
Type of Role:Regular
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.